• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

9 x 12 ACE 250 coil cover

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Man, sure looks different than the stock coil cover :wow:

Arrived in the mail - picture below.

Just noticed - I had the 9 x 12 and stock coil covers pointed in different directions. Oops :roll:

Attachments

• cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 304
Hi can you tell me where to order the the 9X12 and standard scuff guards as per your pic? Thanks.  :?:

Wouldn't the design of the larger cover, let moisture and debris collect on top of the coil ?

I have an Ace 250 with just the stock coil. I would be intereted in seeing the 9X12 coil. If it's a solid coil or a coil with just an opening in the center, then this would answer Alan's question about the debris/moisture.

I've had the 9x12 coil for some time now, it's similar in design to the standard coil.
If that picture is the genuine ACE cover, (as I mentioned previously) I can see debris collecting on top of the coil.

~ Alan ~ said:
I've had the 9x12 coil for some time now, it's similar in design to the standard coil.
If that picture is the genuine ACE cover, (as I mentioned previously) I can see debris collecting on top of the coil.
You are correct on that end! Wood chips collecting on top is no big deal but dry sand really piles on top of it. Unless Garrett has two coil covers, the one I thook a photo of matched what they had on their web page (haven't looked back for a few months). I can cut out some of the plastic to let debris fall through - I'll file it under "tasks that won't be done" :roll:

Back
Top Bottom