At pro to Etrac?

Capt. Morgan

Elite Member
I love my Atpro, Will I like an Etrac? I have had a F2, DFX and V3i.
I love my Atpro, however I feel like maybe an Etrac would go deeper.
I heard the recovery time is slooooooow on the Etrac, is that true?
I mostly hunt for old coins.

thanks

I think slag in your area went atp to etrac to atp but I may be wrong. He would be an excellent source of info I'm guessing.

ok, sorry. maybe Bill_S? other side of the isle. pro etrac and great vids. similar soil 2.5 hours east.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Can't speak for the E-trac but recovery time on my Explorer is SLOW, however it does go deep and I'm pretty certain an E-trac will go much deeper than an AT Pro, however the slow sweep speed drives me nuts, I mostly Use my F75 and V3i, if you want fast and deep try the F75 Se, or the V3i.

I had the v3i for a while...to many gadgets...found myself digging only targets that came in perfectly....my "goodie" rate dropped tremendously. That's why I like the pro. Makes me dig... Just wish it went deeper.

F75 might be worth a look then, it's among the deepest detectors out there, it's probably the fastest, and it's very simple to use. The f75 also runs forever on 4aa batteries, the backlit display gives you a lot of information all at once such as notch, VDI, on the fly depth, confidence meter, ground readings... I love mine. They can be chattery but I like to run my detectors hot and never had any real issues with it being overly chattery.

Coil2soil

What's up bro, My feelings, are the Etrac is nice, Ids are better, but not the deepest machine, the F75se is deeper but at 13 khzs its geared more towards relic hunting, not saying it isn't bad on all targets, lately I have been using a Omega 8000 at 7.8 khzs, , not as deep as the F75se, but not far off, a coin killer, so to answer the thread posters ? Don't know what area your hunting in, but unless your hunting fresh water streams , I would lean towards the Etrac, the funny thing is, mine has been sitting lately along with the F75se :lol:, Teknetics has seen action, happy hunting Earl

I had an ATP for 2 years and loved it. Recently got an Etrac and I can honestly say from experience the Etrac is far superior, and it should be considering it cost double the ATP. Response time really isn't bad at all to me but I have always been a slow swinger. Going over areas I hit with the ATP really well to the point where there weren't even any iffy signals left were totally reopened for me with the etrac and recently I pulled 7 silver dimes and 2 pieces of silver jewelry at one of these places. I only have 2 months on it and am pulling awesome finds already. Also I am having fun again. I don't have to worry about missing targets due to poor vdi on deep targets or not being able to get good depth cuz I know the etrac will tell me what is under the coil.

I'd say most people say the response is slower on the Etrac because it is finding more targets deeper and reading them and that takes time to give you a great ID before you dig ... if you can handle a slower swing speed and feel good about knowing you have picked apart an area then the ETrac may very well be for you, but if your more of a run and gun cherry picker it's probably not your cup of tea

I've had the at pro and the etrac, trust me it's like going from a mustang to a Lamborghini! My old copper and silver coins quadrupled with the etrac in the same exact places I had hunted with the at pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use to get involved in all these "VS" conversations now I just read and keep my mouth shut.

Not any detector will out hunt another detector as I have personally owned a lot of different detectors. It depends on soil, ground conditions, weather, interference, proper swing, knowing how to use your 100-5000 detector etc etc etc.

one piece of advice..............the cool logos and big money price tag ticket doesn't make any machine more superior than another

I use to get involved in all these "VS" conversations now I just read and keep my mouth shut.

Not any detector will out hunt another detector as I have personally owned a lot of different detectors. It depends on soil, ground conditions, weather, interference, proper swing, knowing how to use your 100-5000 detector etc etc etc.

one piece of advice..............the cool logos and big money price tag ticket doesn't make any machine more superior than another

Seems like your involved as you have offered an opinion.

...and I would call this a .VS thread. I already have the Atpro and love it...just trying to figure logically what my next step up should be.

Im wonder why the different price point comparisons? Why not a 705?

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

A new friend of mine has an Etrac, we both went together on a hunt the other day. From what I can tell so far the Etrac does have a couple advantages over the ATP.
1. the Etrac seems to have a little better discrimination than the ATP
2. We were near some overhead power lines, my ATP was going nuts. His Etrac was working just fine.
He also gave me a quick demo of the Etrac pin pointer, which was cool. All that said Im still not ready to give up my ATP just yet. But If I were in the market, the Etrac would be at the top of my list.

Back
Top Bottom