F2 Pinpointing help.

jww311

OK so I have been out a few times with my f2 and everything seems to be working great...I have no problems pinpointing with the sniper coil in the open away from benches and fences...However whenever I do swing around benches and pick up a hit on the detector, i try to pinpoint and the pinpoint functions always tends to pick up the metal of the bench or the fence instead of what is in the ground...I have been running the sensitivity on 5 but also tried lowering sensitivity around these areas but have had the same problem..seeing if any other f2 users can give me some advice....thanks

OK so I have been out a few times with my f2 and everything seems to be working great...I have no problems pinpointing with the sniper coil in the open away from benches and fences...However whenever I do swing around benches and pick up a hit on the detector, i try to pinpoint and the pinpoint functions always tends to pick up the metal of the bench or the fence instead of what is in the ground...I have been running the sensitivity on 5 but also tried lowering sensitivity around these areas but have had the same problem..seeing if any other f2 users can give me some advice....thanks

Some have said that by using the sniper and going straight in slowly toward the big metal it is possible to get a signal of a target close to that metal.
I have tried this but have not been very successful at finding a lot doing this.

Not much else you can do about this using the larger coils on the F2, and even the sniper will get closer to the big metal but you will not be able to use the pinpoint much...actually not at all.

The ONLY detector I have ever used that can actually find all there is around and right next to these big metal stuff is the Compadre and it does this very easily.

If you swing at the exact right speed the Compadre will easily emit a double beep no matter how close the object is to this big metal.
One beep for the metal, the other for the target.
I have tried using the F2 and the sniper to do this and have had a small bit of success but it is not easy to do at all and more frustrating than anything because when I use the Compadre it is so much more effortless and easy.

Ya it's unfortunate the f2 cannot do this...thanks for the info though....I have had better luck detecting next to walking paths than by metal objects any ways.

Back
Top Bottom