4.5" X 7" Excelerator coil for MXT

SteveMN

Forum Supporter
I have been thinking about getting a smaller coil for some time now and have read a lot about whites 5.3 and 4x6 shooter. I'm wondering if anybody has used the 4.5x7 Excelerator and how it has worked for them. Any input would be appreciated.

I've used my friend's 4.5"x7" Excelerator on my MXT and really liked it. So much so, I bought one today :grin: when I got my DFX. The only bad thing about it is the depth reading is off by about 2" on really shallow targets. A friend of mine ordered the White's 4x6 coil today. I'll have to compare them sometime.

Digger the off depth reading is normal behavior and you'll soon get used to it. The detector's depth reading is calibrated for the 950 coil and coin sized targets.

Thanks for the replies.

OD, If you do get a chance to compare them let me know what you think as far as performace and depth. Why did you go with the Excelerator over the Whites? Cost? Good deal on the coil when you bought your DFX?

The 4.5x7 was only $30 more than the 4x6 and I've used it before and liked it a lot. I'm sure the 4x6 is a great coil, but I just don't have any experience with it.

And yes, I got a good deal on it when I bought the DFX :P

Back
Top Bottom