Pinpointer with mineralized soil

bos1526

Hello,

I see the pinpointer question has been posed a couple times in here, but I was wondering what works best in an area with mineralized soil/rocks? Or if it matters? I have it narrowed down to the Vibraprobe 560, the Tinytec Ultraluxe, or the Treasure Mate.

Any advice from anyone who uses these? (Tony, your input would be appreciated, I wasn't sure if you were ok with PMs though)

Private messages are fine by me. :yes:
As far as pinpointers go...I still reccomend the Vibraprobe. Mineralized ground will have some effect on the probe but not enough to deter it from its purpose : to pinpoint an object once the plug is removed. Since the probe will only go about 1 to 2 " deep anyway , mineralization should have a negligable affect in finding the object. Remember , it's used to help find where in the hole an object is ; side , bottom etc.

I recommend the vibra-probe . mine will only go 3/4 to 1 nich but that is enough for me.
pop

poptop said:
I recommend the vibra-probe . mine will only go 3/4 to 1 nich but that is enough for me.
pop

Ditto. I run the V-probe 460. Love the help it gives me even on suface coins. Just pinpoint and pop it.

Y'all sold me. :D
Just bought a Vibra Probe 560... can't wait 'till it gets here!

I have used a pinpointer in black sand and still worked fine. I even got a magnet once and grabed a bunch of black sand and it took almost a dime sized amount before the pinpointer would react.

I would agree with pops. I have both the White's bullseye and the Vibraprobe and the vibraprobe is my first choice and the first one I reach for. I think you made a good choice......Ray

Tony - Thanks for the advise on the vibraprobe...just went to your site and bought one!

Back
Top Bottom