need advise for buying a new coil

sparky18

I am completely new to the hobby. I purchased a used whites spectrum xlt with a bag, rechargeable battery pack, couple shovels, and a sand scoop (paid quite a bit for the package). Issue is the coil will not ground balance so everything reads lower on the scale then it should.. Ie hot rocks read all the way down to 90 when they should be at 95, what info do i need to know to know to buy a replacement coil? The guy is being a douche and wont take it back so i am stuck with it. i just want to make it worth what i have into it. I have seen on a few sites they will list the kHz of a coil, is that the major thing i need to know to determine if it will be compatible or not? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Get the 5.3 bullseye. It gets amazing depth for a small coil and the separation ain't bad. I heard that the 8 inch is really good to, but I never got to try one on my xlt before I sold it.

Minelab Explorer XS.

I had an Eagle Spectrum and used the 5.3 most of the time. It got good depth and great separation. The Blue Max 950 would be a replacement for the original 950 if you wanted to go that route.

Send the XLT & Coil to Whites in swwet Home -

$125 or less to replace the coil and adjust/repair the XLT. I've had 4 Whites detectors 2 - XLT's, 1 - IDX and 1 -Quantum XT completely refurbished by Whites and they are like new now.

Connie and Todd are great folks to work with.

thank you all for the info, im sure its the coil. My buddy had the same detector we swapped coils and the issue moved to his and mine worked. i did find a repair how to on u tube last nite for coils. re-establishing the contact inside the coil i may give that a go after i get a new one. Again though thank you i cant wait to get a new coil and get out :).

Back
Top Bottom