Need Advice...

Perquimans

Forum Supporter
I’m very happy with my AT Pro. Absolutely the best machine I have ever used. The advice I need is on my backup.. I have a Compadre and an Ace 250. Both great machines. I’d like to have a larger coil on my 250--but by the time I get it-I would probably have spent what it costs to buy an Ace 350. I’m thinking of selling my Compadre - buying an Ace 350--then I’ll have that as a backup and then the Ace 250 if needed. Any advice would be helpful. :?::?::?:

Back Ups are a myth. Unless you water hunt your detector will probably never give you trouble while you own it. A second detector on the other hand can be a cool thing. My advice is to experiment. Why get a 350? You have the AT Pro. You know what the 350 can do. Try another manufacturer. Get a detector that isn't in the same family. I'm thinking used Explorer. Not too Expensive. It will give you a look at multi frequency and I bet it goes deeper. It also can be used in wet sand of a salt beach.

I went with the Minelab Explorer SE to top my AT-Pro. The Minelab Full Band Spectrum (multi-frequency) will really up your game. I've had to invest in a Samson 31" T-handle shovel since I got my Explorer SE because its going so much deeper. Best so far in terms of depth is an IH cent at 10" in my hunted to death back yard. Also, as stated, The Explorer SE will handle dry AND wet sand. Just MHO here- hope it helps. GL and HH. Matt
I’m very happy with my AT Pro. Absolutely the best machine I have ever used. The advice I need is on my backup.. I have a Compadre and an Ace 250. Both great machines. I’d like to have a larger coil on my 250--but by the time I get it-I would probably have spent what it costs to buy an Ace 350. I’m thinking of selling my Compadre - buying an Ace 350--then I’ll have that as a backup and then the Ace 250 if needed. Any advice would be helpful. :?::?::?:

Thank you both for your responses. I’ll definitely look at possibly another detector and compare!

I went with the Minelab Explorer SE to top my AT-Pro. The Minelab Full Band Spectrum (multi-frequency) will really up your game. I've had to invest in a Samson 31" T-handle shovel since I got my Explorer SE because its going so much deeper. Best so far in terms of depth is an IH cent at 10" in my hunted to death back yard. Also, as stated, The Explorer SE will handle dry AND wet sand. Just MHO here- hope it helps. GL and HH. Matt

Ya those minelabs pick up nails pretty deep, actually way deeper then coins but they sure sound like silver....:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom