bottle hunting page and more

I've never gone bottle hunting, but about 25 years ago they were dredging a small section of the Housatonic River for a boat ramp. They piled all the silt/muck in the parking area.

I went there with a friend who was an antique dealer and we managed to get over 400 old milk bottles, soda bottles, and a few liquor bottles.
I wish I had a metal detector back then.

We cleaned them up and sold most of them in his shop, and as box lots at auctions. I still have a few cases of milk bottles that I saved for myself.

I also have a small collection of old remedy, and liniment bottles that are still full, with the labels intact, and a few are still in their original boxes.

One of my favorate liniment bottles says it's "For man and beast", another is labeled "Mentho Goose Grease"

One odd find in the muck was a stack of newspapers from the 30's. Although they were saturated you could still read all the pages if you carefully turned the pages.

been awhile since i had time to post something

yup been awhile, been doing alot of bottle digging and finding some cool stuff out there i think i enjoy the thrill of the hunt just as much as detecting . got to tell yah though finding those old dumps is tough . found several this summer all dug to high heaven though . i guess its time to put the goods ones up on ebay and see what this summers take will be . did find a nice licence plate though got 75 buck for it on the old bay.

Back
Top Bottom