Do you carry a weapon?

My XLT swinging at 60 MPH at someone's head heavy end first would sure hurt.

Otherwise, I have my Gator digging trowel.

I own a few guns but have only carried them with me a couple times for protection, and never while metal detecting.

Just a knife but have carried one for years. Even back in school carried knife . Lets you know I am old :lol:

I am a weapon... ;)

I dont usually carry a gun while metal detecting but I usually carry a pistol if I'm out in the woods exploring places, but its more for hunting(in hunting season) then protection, but we do have some pretty big wolves and a lot of bears around this area so you never know... like they say, its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it...

I'll just have to give it a try and see how it goes. I'm sure I don't want to be lugging a .45 in a shoulder holster, but maybe a small .22. I tend to get pretty far off the beaten path and it just seems like being alone and swinging something that looks valuable around for anyone to see might be inviting to some of the lowlifes. My wife says I need to wrap it in duct tape and pipe insulation and make it look as junky as possible.

I have been able to hunt some inner city construction sites and carry a glock .40 in a fanny pack.

in the woods and elsewhere I usually dont bother, but then again I might be packing...

Most people in Virginia have guns so we dont have too many problems....

early_americana said:
I'll just have to give it a try and see how it goes. I'm sure I don't want to be lugging a .45 in a shoulder holster, but maybe a small .22. I tend to get pretty far off the beaten path and it just seems like being alone and swinging something that looks valuable around for anyone to see might be inviting to some of the lowlifes. My wife says I need to wrap it in duct tape and pipe insulation and make it look as junky as possible.

Look for a StarPD its a light weight single action 45... I think its 27 ounces

A very wise man, Archie Bunker, once said after seeing a hijacked airliner on the news.... "the easiest way to prevent a plane from being hijacked is to put a handgun in the hands of every passenger"

I carry a knife when water hunting. that would be the push button type.....In the woods I carry a 100mm potato gun. Just for protection against wild pigs here in Florida. I shoot it and they go running....after the potato... :D..Gil

brooklynct2003 said:
A very wise man, Archie Bunker, once said after seeing a hijacked airliner on the news.... "the easiest way to prevent a plane from being hijacked is to put a handgun in the hands of every passenger"

Another great Archie quote:

Gloria: Do you know that sixty percent of all deaths in America are caused by guns?
Archie Bunker: Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was pushed out of windows?

bobbulge said:
How about a can of pepper spray :sniff: :sniff: :sniff:

Or maybe a stun gun :shock: :shock: :shock:

Really I don't use either just wanted to use the smileys... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The pepper spray would at least be a good first line of defense against a stray animal, not to mention the occasional gangster. I used to carry pepper spray when I was a milkman many years ago. After being bit once, I used it a couple times on neighborhood dogs and they quickly learned to stay away from me.

I'm always wary of carrying firearms in public, but I think I will include the pepper spray in my pouch.

brooklynct2003 said:
bobbulge said:
How about a can of pepper spray :sniff: :sniff: :sniff:

Or maybe a stun gun :shock: :shock: :shock:

Really I don't use either just wanted to use the smileys... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The pepper spray would at least be a good first line of defense against a stray animal, not to mention the occasional gangster. I used to carry pepper spray when I was a milkman many years ago. After being bit once, I used it a couple times on neighborhood dogs and they quickly learned to stay away from me.

I'm always wary of carrying firearms in public, but I think I will include the pepper spray in my pouch.

What bit you the gangster? :D

Back
Top Bottom