Has anyone here made....

Janster

Forum Supporter
......their own coil cover? How about some ideas? This coil is called the "Big Foot" and being of a new design there is not a coil cover available and no future plans to make them either. It is 3.5"s wide and 18"s long. I am open to suggestions! Thanks..... Jan

FxDiz,

..I bought the coil from Jimmy Sierra, all he has are the old model covers that DO NOT FIT the newer model! Thanks.... Jan

If I was real desperate for a coil cover, I would wrap it in tape.

Camouflage duct tape would be cool... :D

Camouflage duct tape would be cool... :D

:lol:

I've always wondered what the advantage is for a coil cover. I use them when I get a new loop but I still ask myself why. Has anybody ever seen a coil wear through or fail in some way due to no use of a cover?

All they ever seem to do is fill with dirt and make the coil heavier.

:lol:

I've always wondered what the advantage is for a coil cover. I use them when I get a new loop but I still ask myself why. Has anybody ever seen a coil wear through or fail in some way due to no use of a cover?

All they ever seem to do is fill with dirt and make the coil heavier.

There are some models of detectors that detect their deepest when the coil is literally scrubbing the surface. Covers are neater than epoxying the coil when the plastic surface wears out.

Janster ...Hello, hey I don`t have a cover either....But I use those shoe booties..When workmen or women come in your house they put on these shoe covers ..You can get a box of like 50 for $ 5 or $ 10 bucks ...goodluck.

There are some models of detectors that detect their deepest when the coil is literally scrubbing the surface. Covers are neater than epoxying the coil when the plastic surface wears out.

There's a beach hunter on another forum that scrubs. He says he wears through a coil cover every year.

Back
Top Bottom