Does anyone make backpacks for the e-trac?

pocketspill

Elite Member
Does anyone make backpacks for the e-trac?

I'd like something that takes the machine (in 3 pieces) into foam or form-fit as much as possible.

I've always thought about making a backpack with replaceable foam inserts so you can buy one backpack and depending on which detector you use buy that specific foam insert. In the long run it would save most of us a lot of money since every detector wouldn't need a new bag just an insert, doing this would allow you to have one pack and 2 or 3 inserts for each detector that you can easily swap. For relic hunting in the woods or carry it on my bike I've always used regular hiking bags and just broke down the detector into 3 pieces and wrapped them in bubble wrap to protect them on the hike/ride. As for as I know, no one makes a specific backpack made to break down and carry your detector in, at least not one that would offer much protection. My design would basically be like a hard case but with a soft shell with straps.

CoilToSoil

Used mine this year ,but didn't use it for transporting the machine,just don't like breaking mine down,of coarse if you go place's like Tom in gold fever i would look into what you want to make,i use mine for food ,water,md accessories,for all day hunt's,happy hunting Earl

I guess I am looking for a backpack meant to transport the detector, broken down. A 5-mile hike in the hilly woods is a lot easier if you have your hands free. I'll keep looking. IMO it seems there may be a market for a backpack that has a "box like" section into which you can insert foam cutouts.

I have a photographer's backpack that does this but it's too shallow for the machine.

Best MD accessory I own... $60 from an army navy surplus store. Straps are padded back is padded. I backpacked my Etrac for over a year in this bag broken down no problem. I also backpack my T2 in this bag. I take public transportation so this bag is a MUST!

Its not huge and bulky either, but it maximizes space. I once used it to backpack my Etrac and my ATPro at once. It was tight but it fit. Such a great bag!

791b9ec4abb59016be770e420ae35a1e.jpg

thanks for that. It looks like what I'm seeking. Did you try to cushion your Etrac inside or just stick it in there?

thanks for that. It looks like what I'm seeking. Did you try to cushion your Etrac inside or just stick it in there?

I stick it in there. I have extra dirt cloths that I wrap around the control unit and the Sunray switch box. Best bag ever and it's inexpensive

Back
Top Bottom