$2 2003 a star note rare

stealer

Elite Member
Hey guys, the same friend that gave me the $5 star note months ago found another star note!! Today he told me he had a $2 star note. I thought cool, another one. I gave him $2.25 to give him incentive to give me more as he finds them because he knows I collect them. Too bad it has a big fat crease smack dab in the middle :mad:. It's CRISP. Anyway, I went home and upon further research on the value of it I realized that no one on eBay was selling a $2 2003 A note. So, suspicious, I checked the completed listings. The most recent one sold for $30.41 + $6 Shipping. It's description says,

"$2 2003-A Atlanta RARE STAR FRN PCGS 64 PPQ
RARE ATLANTA F* BLOCK"

I check my bill, and low and behold, it's an Atlanta Bill and it's 2003 A AND it's serial code is F00118729*!!!!!!!!! :gettinmoney::cool12::hat3::egyptian::egyptian:

I hope the big fat crease doesn't lower the value too much :D

Pictures below

So now besides looking for silver and wheaties, I have to start looking at all my paper money too? I never heard of a 'star' bill. I guess I'll google it. Anyway, congrats to you for getting one. : )

That's pretty cool, Hope you get some good money out of it.

So now besides looking for silver and wheaties, I have to start looking at all my paper money too? I never heard of a 'star' bill. I guess I'll google it. Anyway, congrats to you for getting one. : )

The star bills are like replacement bills when a misprint or error occurs and they spot it, they make a new bill but can't use the same full serial twice so they add a star instead of the last letter.

I'll look for the site that lists star note blocks countage(wd?) to see just how 'rare' it is.

I have about 7, $2 star notes and they are worth, well $2 LOL.

Too bad about the crease!

***Update - looks like only 320,000 for that run!!! Alas that crease probably has it worth $5 tops?

Here are the pics guys. Thanks OZ for the information about it's value after it's crease :( I guess it's in XF condition because of the large crease

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpg
    IMG_1471.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,034
  • IMG_1472.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,015
  • IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,984
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,975
  • IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,984
Now you've got me checking my 2 dollar bills. About twice a month I go to the bank and get $10 in $2 bills. I use them for tips when we eat out (the waiter/waitress are so awed by it they don't realize you jilted them by $.50). I really try to do my part to keep them in circulation.

This last time I got 2 of the $2 bills with the "Wheres George" stamp on it. I've also got several $1 bills with that. I usually post on their site then store them away. Why? I don't know. Maybe with the hopes that someday those too (no pun) will gain in value..

NebTrac

Ouch on that crease!

BTW, there are only 3,840,098 - 2$ 2003 (I) series * notes left out there. I have 2 of them. Whoope do dah day :lol:

This is only my second star note so I'm stoked either way. Funny that I've never "found" one myself and my friend alone has found 2 :D

Back
Top Bottom