I finally decided to convert my Excalibur 800,,,

Waterman

over to an S-12 Sunray coil and a pair of Grey Ghost Underwater headphones. I've had the Excalibur 800 for 7 years now and the factory headphones started acting up this fall, only one ear cup was working, and they really never fit me well, alot of wind noise. I hope I don't regret going to the larger coil because of the extra drag. H.H.:-)

Well..... it just might cut down on the wake you leave..

:lol:

Just kidding you Mike. Man you'll have to scoop fast to get those deep ones now.

Sorry...You Sould Feel Sorry

What about the rest of us shallow searchers? You wait....there will be lots of tokens in that lake for 2006.

Good to see that you got that machine modified to a next level. I'm sure it will treat you fine!

12" sunray

waterman

u will love it, but it will cause a lot of drag in the zone just between the ankle deep water and the damp sand where the waves wash up. it will grab the coil and swing it up and down with the wave action, but once in the water...................does pretty good as long as u go with the tide.

i have one on my sovereign and expII

i also have added the gray ghosts to my excal..................AS FAR AS THE NOISE GOES, IF U ARE NOT DIVING WITH IT, TAPE OVER THE DRAIN HOLES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE EAR PHONES......................REALLY CUTS BACK ON THE WIND NOISE.

Thanks Guys for the kind comments, gotta be some deeper Gold in the troughs John! Thanks for the heads up on the holes Max, I'll be taping them over for sure, and Scott, the larger coil will slow me down for sure but the extra depth & coverage will be fun. H.H.:-)

Back
Top Bottom