$20 bill 1934 C

stealer

Elite Member
What's the value of this??? I biked to the bank today to get some penny rolls and quiznos. i picked this up because it was so old!! it's not a brown seal $20 for some reason...anyone know why???

anyways, here are the pics. it's in pretty bad condition, heavily circulated but no tears!!

Picture0003.jpg

Picture0004.jpg

Picture0005.jpg

Picture0006.jpg

Picture0007.jpg

Picture0008.jpg

It's a federal reserve note. As the US population grew in the 1930's, the need for currency exceeded the amount of silver available to back silver certificates. So the government just printed money using the "good faith" of the US Govt to back it instead of silver.

I looked on ebay and found a few 1934 C $20 notes in the completed auctions, they sold for from $32-$46 each.That kind of give's you an idea of the value.Nice Find!!

It's a nice note but has some wear and dirt on it. I had a 1934 series C-note. I thought it might be worth something so I took it to a coin shop. The guy told me I may as well spend it because if I was lucky I could get $5-10 over face for it. :( He wasn't interested lol

hey can anyone tell me if this bill is off-printed (on the front)?? the top and left side is thicker and the bottom and right side is thinner. more photos can be supplied if needed. the back has uniform thickness

Back
Top Bottom