Looking to upgrade

Nightwind15

I just sold my Fisher CZ 70 Pro I have used on the beaches and now looking for a somewhat lighter detector. Looking at the Detector Pro but a bit concerned with discrimination and depth. Weight being a concern what would you recommend? I will be in wet sand and wading as usual.
Thanks in advance.
Stephen

I just sold my Fisher CZ 70 Pro I have used on the beaches and now looking for a somewhat lighter detector. Looking at the Detector Pro but a bit concerned with discrimination and depth. Weight being a concern what would you recommend? I will be in wet sand and wading as usual.
Thanks in advance.
Stephen

I hear detector pro doesnt work well in saltwater except for the underwater model.

If you are hunting salt beaches then forget it. Best advise you could get. Fresh water then OK but there are still better for fresh. Good warranty though. :D I think many would go Excalibur. With a straight shaft they are hard to beat for the money. Go with a long shaft mounting the pod behind the elbow. It balances all the coil weight. It will pay off and you don't have 5 pounds hanging off your belt. Good luck and happy hunting!

CZ-21 with chest or hip mount like SD says or Excal with behind elbow straight shaft like IL2 says. I have both of those exactly like that.

CZ-21 with chest or hip mount like SD says or Excal with behind elbow straight shaft like IL2 says. I have both of those exactly like that.

I'm using 1 of the aftermarket shaft mounts for the cz21. Have the control box almost under the arm cuff. Feels really comfortable. Next time I will try to mount it behind the elbow。。。 I'm actually impressed with the cz21

I was a die hard CZ 20 and 21

I would suggest the work horse of water detectors, but that's my opinion. I had my CZ 20, up graded to a 21, and it was fantastic. Good depth, and man you can bang that CZ 21 around and she just keeps on ticking. Excalibur's as far as I can remember are fragile and one needs to be very careful with them, but darn good machines for a discipline hunter. Hope this helps...

Philo

Back
Top Bottom