Last week of March breaks the slump

Yeah! Great looking targets there! I like that old class ring though...that open filligree one is a tough target for anybody...Same with that White Gold..Great Pics and write up! Nice Work!...

Thanks Mud, that little pinkie ring came in like foil with a well defined soft center. The dual field has helped me out by being able to read the Ex in pinpoint a little better,,, probably wouldn't have dug it on the dry sand in summer.

I see the area that makes you think there might be a ring in that conglomerate. I have a one with a half dollar (my first silver half):

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=232096

It's just killin' you to know what it is; isn't it?! Some members thought mine might be in a tar ball and someone suggested soaking it in gasoline would soften it. I never tried it because i decided to keep it as is. I don't think yours is a tar ball, but it couldn't hurt.

BTW: that 18k in the first pic is a honker and looks handmade. Nice rescue.

R5

Yeah, driving me bonkers, having a hard time not taking a hammer to it. Mel Fisher soaks his silver and gold coin in muriatic acid to remove the calcium concretions but I'm not to sure what that would do to other metals. If it was a coin I'd leave it as is like you did,,, kinda cool.

The 18 K has a makers serial number I think. (VCA NY 5V 970 - 14) followed by 18K. Maybe someone will recognize the maker?

Haven't seen a sign of gold since last December, or anything that even resembled a Noreaster until a couple 3 weeks ago that was followed by a couple more minor easterly gales. ]

What happened to all those big Noreast gales we used to get?,,, for me I need a
Sou'east gale.

Nice diggin' there Capt!

T

DO they let you detect Horseneck and Gooseberry?

Yes, I live on Horseneck, Gooseberry is predominately rocky with a small sandy beach on the east side, there are a few guys that I see hunting Horseneck, lots of iron from old lobsta traps, I tend to dig the double beeps because you can never be sure. And I love digging sneaker eyelets at 12 inches down, really confirms your machine is running strong!
Would love to see a big Southerly gale to move things around.

Back
Top Bottom