3rd annual design-a-t-shirt contest

Kansas Dave

Diggin' It With Friends
Forum Supporter
The FMDF K & M Discovery Team will be holding the 3rd annual Diggin' It With Friends Treasure Hunt in Clay Center, Ks at Huntress Park on April 9th and just like last year, we want you to have the opportunity to design our t-shirts! For this years contest we will be accepting designs from all members of the forum. Each member may submit one or up to a total of three designs. When the submission period for this contest is over, the selected judge will choose the five best designs and then we will let you, the members of FMDF choose the design which will be on our T-Shirts for 2011.

The winner of this years competition will receive:
One Gray Area Graphics T-Shirt with the winning design on it! - Donated by floridabill - Contact Bill for all of your graphic designs! He loves doing custom work and his products normally ship next day.

A brand new set of Jolly Roger headphones! - Donated by Colonial Metal Detectors - Rich has outstanding communications, service and lighting fast shipping!

A new copy of Coin Hunting in Depth by Dick Stout - Donated by Lightningjack - Mr Stout has been involved in the treasure hunting/metal detecting pastime for over 30 years now, and has authored three books, written hundreds of articles, and worked in the industry itself.

Here are some more specifics on how to create your design:
Size: All designs for the back of the shirt should be created to fit a maximum of 10" x 10" and be 300 dpi (a maximum of 3000 pixels wide x 3000 pixels high).
File Type: We will accept designs in the form of eps, jpg, png, tiff, bmp, or psd.
Colors: To keep the cost of the t-shirts at a minimum to the members, all shirts will be on white cotton t-shirts. However feel free to to use as many colors as you need for your design.
Effects: Try not to get too fancy with shading, gradients and the like as this makes the shirt harder for the company to recreate.
Keep your source files! If you use Photoshop or Paintshop to create your design, please keep a copy of your layered file as we may need it to make adjustments to better fit the company’s requirements.
Do Not! Use Zazzle or Cafepress to create your entries. If you do they become property of said companies and we can't use them.

Some ideas that you may want to work with are, using the Diggin' It With Friends slogan and coupling it with some kind of relevant artwork. Perhaps you could create a character that could be used as the Treasure Hunt mascot. Be creative and keep in mind that there isn't a limit to the type of design you come up with.The only exception is that it must be a "family friendly" design (meaning no swears or other explicit adult material). For obvious reasons, please stay away from copying trademark's and logo's (like mine lab, whites logo's etc).

Any and all registered forum members are eligible to enter this contest.

Submissions and t-shirt designs will only be accepted at [email protected] Please be sure to include your username, real name and an e-mail address you can be reached at with your submission. Each submission must be titled Treasure Hunt T-Shirt Contest

The deadline to enter will be by the end of the day (PST) on Tuesday, February 22nd 2011.

Note: If you have any interest in sponsoring/contributing to this annual contest. Please send myself or lightningjack a private message.

This is a great opportunity for someone to show their artistic skills & win some awesome prizes at the same time, I can't wait to see this years design...:sweet:

For you new people that weren't here last year or involved in last years contest here is the winning design for last years shirt . Just posted this so you all can get a idea what last years winner looked like , there has been a small hunt name change from last year but you get the idea.

Harold

Attachments

• 2010 Group hunt shirt design 002.jpg
    2010 Group hunt shirt design 002.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 567
Thank you for posting that picture, Bearharold! This is an example of what our group hunt shirts could be like also. This is just something I threw together for that purpose. Maybe it will give you all some inspiration to enter the contest. This is also a prime example as to why I don't design the shirts.

picture.php

Keith the picture I posted above was last years winning entree and it was submitted by Silversmith45 and the first year they didn't have a shirt contest never started it till the second hunt , I believe that's right .

Dave I would have to wear my sun Glasses for that one its hard on this old mans eyes ,,,,,its Bright ....lol

Harold

I did a fast thingie yesterday, but wasn't pleased...
I get creative sometimes, just can't control when it happens ;)
Until next time, heres the first draft:
heyooo.jpg

She looks so sad, I think I will put a smile to that face :D

I did a fast thingie yesterday, but wasn't pleased...
I get creative sometimes, just can't control when it happens ;)
Until next time, heres the first draft:
heyooo.jpg

She looks so sad, I think I will put a smile to that face :D

I like this :)

Kick butt! You guys are creating some great designs. Please keep in mind that the winning design will be placed on the back of the shirt, so create your designs accordingly. One more suggestion "High Def" or high resolution. The higher the resolution, the better the t-shirt design! Don't be afraid to think outside the box... Keep them coming. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom