How long does it take to get the MDing benefit from rainfall?

Iggyks

Elite Member
We got 5/8" pretty fast about an hour ago, first rain in at least two weeks. Wondering if it needs time to soak in to benefit MD'ing?? Guessing that it does. Thanks!

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the original soil moisture. I would think that you should see an immediate improvement in depth:yes:

Well, it seemed to help a little. Found a '44 Wheat, Winchester Nu-Black 12 gauge headstamp and a WRA Co 38 WCF cartridge casing in an area i have been over 4 or 5 times. Will do more tomorrow

Last edited:
I have stepped out several times right after it quit raining and didn't notice any difference after it "soaked in". I have noticed the ATPro seems to work better on rainy days even before the rain has arrived. There have been a couple of times I watched storms rolling in and hated to leave because everything was working so well.

If you have flat or gentle slope and the soil type that will percolate then a deep soak is possible. If it is hard surface then most of the rain will run off b4 it has the time to soak in. With a good deep soak the Pro should like those conditions.

Back
Top Bottom