Can a man be blessed with two like this?

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
I was at a favorite hunting place and waist deep in ruff surf. The day had been long and hot and the old man was getting beat to death by the surf. There wasn't a sound at all. I was on my way to the wet sand for a rest and stepped into a ditch about 1 foot deep. I can't help myself I had to follow it to the end. about 10 minutes and I heard a lovely ringing in my ears. It sounded like Angles harping, it sounded so good I just kept swinging the 3030 over it. Yep I'm digging. Well 2 scoops later and up pops this beauty in the Sunspot and I almost wet my shorts, but they were already wet.:?: Some time back I found a beautiful engagement ring that was gold and a big diamond. Could it be a twin almost? I was so excited I almost fell with the next wave. Was it possible to find 2 almost alike? And get the gold Slumpy off my back? Hxxx No. :mad: It was a good ride home then the bad news set in. When I looked at it with the loupe and used the diamond tester on it ,it was 10K plated and a dud for a stone. But it sure is pretty. Oh well it's better than pull tabs.

Attachments

• 2015103095113509.jpg
    2015103095113509.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 540
Wet your shorts? I would've pooped in mine had that been real!

Jeeze wut a RIPP!!!Would have fooled me too looks like a jackpot for sure.Must have been a good ride while it lasted.Nice dig in the ruff stuffđź‘ŤGLHH

I'll have a word with Mr. Shell and Mr. Carrot. I should have been more specific when I said help him get a nice ring. I should have said help him get a real nice ring.

A Beauty, maybe a resale could get you 20 dollars. Im sure it sold for a lot more..

Now THAT's some NITRO!!!

Thanks it looks great but it was a crash and burn.

Tough heart breaking sob right there!

Get em slumpy!!

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice. Sob is right. And I wear the Slumpy well.

Still looks great! :)

It fool me X after finding one close to the same spot that was the real deal a few months ago.

Ah man, that should be illegal!

Illegal, immoral, unjust, and depressing.

I totally agree. Fake rings need to be banned. I hate finding rings like that and seeing Avon or 1/1/20th 12K HGE or something like that inside with a loupe. Congrats on getting out. Hope you found something worth saving.

Thanks Scuba. Next time out, that's what I always say. Don't usually happen that way, but that's what I always say.

Wet your shorts? I would've pooped in mine had that been real!

:lol: I would have welcomed the poop if it had been real.:lol:

think we've all been down that road a time or two. Least it was worth and adrenalin rush. Next one will be real.. or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Its why we keep going back

Jeeze wut a RIPP!!!Would have fooled me too looks like a jackpot for sure.Must have been a good ride while it lasted.Nice dig in the ruff stuff&#55357;&#56397;GLHH

You got it right Digga. made being in the ruff stuff worth while. The excitement was worth it.

I'll have a word with Mr. Shell and Mr. Carrot. I should have been more specific when I said help him get a nice ring. I should have said help him get a real nice ring.

I was looking for someone to blame Kap. Now I know. I bet you and Mr. Shell and Mr. Carrot are giving a:p Thanks friend!:lol:

A Beauty, maybe a resale could get you 20 dollars. Im sure it sold for a lot more..

I'll Pawn it off somewhere for a few buck OBN. As they say, one man's junk is another man's treasure.

think we've all been down that road a time or two. Least it was worth and adrenalin rush. Next one will be real.. or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Its why we keep going back

Perfect example of a real Pirate Numil. Never give up on the booty.

Not sure what Doh is but I say thank you anyway zee. If it is something bad, it fits me well.

Well DD, It's better than a bottle cap or pull tab! Nitro Bling can sure get your heart pumping.
Try as I might to eyeball a hallmark without a pair of readers, I try not to get too excited when I scoop a good looking ring. I usually wait till I get home to see what I got.....adds a second half to the hunt.
Better luck next time, you know it will happen when you least expect it.
DL

I feel your pain. I have dug a few of those. Dug three pretty yellow rings with sparkling stones to find 925 markings in the ring. Dug one 14k beauty that turned out to be mosionite. Cheapskates should be banned from the beaches.

Doh! Like Homer Simpson said when something goes wrong.

Did,'t go wrong zee. Just didn't go expensive right.:lol:

Well DD, It's better than a bottle cap or pull tab! Nitro Bling can sure get your heart pumping.
Try as I might to eyeball a hallmark without a pair of readers, I try not to get too excited when I scoop a good looking ring. I usually wait till I get home to see what I got.....adds a second half to the hunt.
Better luck next time, you know it will happen when you least expect it.
DL

Your right on the bottle cap and pull tabs. That's what I've been digging. I can't help from getting excited. When I stop getting excited, I think I'll take up knitting.:no:

OH !!!! is more like it.

I feel your pain. I have dug a few of those. Dug three pretty yellow rings with sparkling stones to find 925 markings in the ring. Dug one 14k beauty that turned out to be mosionite. Cheapskates should be banned from the beaches.

I dig more of these than I do gold. In fact I dig more silver and junk than I do gold. And bottle caps, and pull tabs well you get it.

I'd have thrown it out the window...... :lol:

:lol:Then I'd worry that it was real and my tester was broken. Thanks monster for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom