Excal ii earphones dead

Beachscanner

In Memory Of
So I went to my favorite beach this afternoon, paid for parking after a 40 min. drive and fired up the MD and nothing. I bought this machine used about 3 years ago and I really like it. The previous owner mickey moused Peltor headphones by splicing both ends of the wires and adding electrical tape. Obviously we have a broken connection :mad: Any suggestions will be appreciated. Since I don't know how to post pics on here, if you send me an email address I can send you a picture of the sweet job he did.

My guess would be that salt water got in through the electrical tape and finally ruined the connection as you suspect. Open the headphones up again and redo the connection and then epoxy it so that its sealed from salt water intrusion. Hopefully OBN will see this post and chime in with much greater knowledge than me.

Boxed

Ready for shipment, sorry to here your phones took a dump, hope things get better, i think he will also need one of your kits Joe, the GGW headphones have a waterproof screw down that screw in to OBN's kit , the nice thing about that is the phones are never hardwired easy to change, when my Excals phones take a dump, i will go to OBN's end cap connector's.

Sure your your battery is fully charged? Can you wiggle the wire at the headphones and get a bit of sound at all? Try wiggling the battery connection cable right where it mounts with the battery, can you get a sputter of sound doling that? That connection can go bad sometimes too, i have redone mine three times now i think...

Offer Earl 100 bucks for his (Used)GGUW's , get them, take out the little coil inside of the ear phone cup and put that set on your excal.
..:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom