Stealth Scoop on Sand

LIBear

Forum Supporter
Thinking about getting back into water hunting and was going to get the Stealth 720i scoop. I've read great reviews about it in the water but does anyone strictly use it on sand? I don't want to load my car with two scoops every time I go to the beach. I like the bite size that the 720i takes and its much bigger then the RTG scoop I have now. Any info would be helpful

John

I see you been looking for a used Stealth for a while, on occasion's people sell them , but most don't, as they are nice scoop's, i used to, and still do run the RTG scoops in the dry sand with 5/8 holes, but the water you want a nice stainless steel scoop, never went with the 720s as the RTGs were 6 wide , moving to one more inch wasn't enough , as water hunting pinpointing sand movement , scooping up the target on the 1st or 2nd scoop is critical , as you can loose the treasure quick, there for i have 8 wide- and a 920 i , the extra few inches wide in the water make a difference to me, Craig made a special scoop manufacturer's thread on the beach & water hunting forum as a lot of people were seeking information about scoop's, i only responded because you bought something from me, WE are trying to get CFM-ct to also put a water -beach DETECTOR Guide on that thread also, to eliminate question's on what's the best detector for beach - water hunting, to this day , it's been about a week , no go, as Dave made a detailed list of machine's that do the job, i know Craig has been swamped with work, hopefully this will happen by the end of the week:yes::D, JUST ORDER A STEALTH , what ever one you get you will be happy, happy hunting , Earl

Just got my first 720 earlier this year. I can say I am not disappointed one bit and swear it's the best scoop I have ever used. Plan on another next winter to take the load off of this one for I hunt about 15 to 20 hours a week.

Yeah I wanted to pick one up for a while now. I just happened to look in the Bargain Bin at Sunspot and got one there that someone traded in for a larger model.
So I will be getting the 720i with an Ash handle and see how it goes.
Thanks for your input guys.

Yeah I wanted to pick one up for a while now. I just happened to look in the Bargain Bin at Sunspot and got one there that someone traded in for a larger model.

get the cf handle. Worth every penny.

get the cf handle. Worth every penny.
(See below)

I have had and still have a few different scoops. After I purchased the 720i I never take anything else. I love the thing.
(See below)

720 is the best scooping & sifting scoop (IMO) on the market, not to mention it is made in the USA and warranteed for life. You mentioned a big basket, and yep it is, but it will sure save you time pinpointing. Think I've had mine now for 5-6 years. During that time I've also acquired three RTG scoops....and all three bent or busted the welds, its hard for me to ever recommend (RTG) them.

A CF handle is noticeably lighter than wood. Depending on the wall thickness, a CF handle will save between 1/2-full pound of weight over the same length wood handle. It is amazingly strong and a forum member on here (Steve) sells them. Ironically, they were so glass-smooth, they are a bit slippery, so I added hockey grip tape to mine. (Yeah, former northern tech applied to Florida, lol).

Anyhow, best of luck with your new scoop. You're going to love it!

Attachments

• CF.jpg
    CF.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 169
John

Just get the ASH handle, that's all you need, as far as the bargain bin goes, you let the cat out of the bag, as soon as you posted it here :shock::roll::laughing:, probably gone now , as they don't last long with advertisement:jawdrop:,happy hunting, Earl LOL 720 U bolt BB7 still their :timer::popcorn:

Different scoops excel in different conditions. I'm trying to sell a brand new 1 in the classified section at a pretty big loose because it's not a fit for me. From what I've seen the 720 is great.
Cf is good if you travel, have limited storage space, small back seat, etc. At least with a ubolt design the sidewall needs to be very thick. It's still lighter and longer than a wood pole which is great if you are over 5ft7

Back
Top Bottom