Minelab Excal Lubricant spots

AIRFORCEMIKE

Forum Supporter
I C the Lite helped me out with the right grease, Master Plumber and also advised me to place grease under the gasket for the battery connector. Got it. I also for some reason thought I saw to grease the gasket under the knobs but just want some input.

Thanks, was just doing some cleaning on it for this weekend and next week when I hit the beaches after the 4th!!

If you have silicone grease it will work on most gaskets and not hurt. I don't have an Excal but I thought from the pictures that one side of the "O" rings under the knobs was exposed. If that is the case, silicone grease attracts sand and dirt. Which might make the situation worse.

If not exposed, silicone grease works on all gaskets and "O" rings and helps keep them supple and adds an extra layer of protection.

Here's OBNs YouTube on changing the o-rings:

R5

I C the Lite helped me out with the right grease, Master Plumber and also advised me to place grease under the gasket for the battery connector. Got it. I also for some reason thought I saw to grease the gasket under the knobs but just want some input.

Thanks, was just doing some cleaning on it for this weekend and next week when I hit the beaches after the 4th!!

OBN recommends that you do grease the o-rings under the knobs as part of your maintenance otherwise it will dry and crack. If it drys and cracks then you risk water intrusion in your main pod. As a side note I took the knobs off my new Excal II and the o-rings were dry so it's a good idea to grease it even if your unit is new.

OBN recommends that you do grease the o-rings under the knobs as part of your maintenance otherwise it will dry and crack. If it drys and cracks then you risk water intrusion in your main pod. As a side note I took the knobs off my new Excal II and the o-rings were dry so it's a good idea to grease it even if your unit is new.

Awesome, ya I thought I saw you grease them o rings ...I will do that for sure but they look great with no cracks but greasing them will help them in the long run. I am also not in salt water so I'm sure that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also hit the depression buttons for removing the battery and control pods from the shaft with WD 40, may not apply depending on your shaft configuration.

Back
Top Bottom