Head Phones??

martin

I just got an MD! My first one! and from reading alot of post, it is recommended that you use headphones with it. Well, I'm a little short on funds so my question is will the cheap ones for an mp3 player or similiar be ok to use ( will they work?? ) for now? Does anyone have any other alternative suggestions?
thanks
martin

Congratulations on getting your first detector! I started by using some audio headphones I already had and they worked just fine.

One thing to consider is that the headphones may need a volume control, depending on your detector. I also had to buy an inexpensive plug adapter at Radio Shack.

Martin - When you do get ready to buy a better pair I would like to say that in my 27 years detecting I have used Cal Rad or Garrett headphones always. They usually run around 25 bux. I personally dont think the 125 dollar phones would help me find any more than I am now. Steve in so az

I can tell you that I also own a pair of Garrett headphones. They have dual volume controls and work fine with my White's detectors.

At about $25, they are a pretty good value and are worth considering if you're on a budget.

thank you

Thanks ya'll,
I'll look into the Garrett headphones in a few weeks.
thanks again,
martin

I used the $20 headphones for quite sometime. I upgraded to Gray Ghosts earlier this year. I can tell a difference on items that are low volume (read deep). They sound better if that makes any sense. Are they worth it, well, they might be if I find something deep and valueable. I figure I'll find enough change to pay for them eventually ;)

I just bought a pair of the Garret head phones since they were on sale for 15 at a metal detecting show i went to. They seem more comfortable to me then the whites version but just my opinion.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I was wondering what are the most comfortable pair to wear? The cheap ones I have now (Eagle) arent very comfortable.

The Gray Ghosts are WONDERFULLY comfortable. The best I've worn.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I was wondering what are the most comfortable pair to wear? The cheap ones I have now (Eagle) arent very comfortable.

I had a pair of those and sold them quick. Got a pair of Garretts - they cover the ear completely and are very comfortable. But in the summer - when it's really hot and sweaty - I switch back to a pair of walkman type headphones with an in-line volume control and a headphone extention cord.

I wouldn't be without mine. I have hunted without them, and it is a real pain trying to hear those faint signals. The ones that came with my machine are ok, but I want to upgrade to the Gray Ghost phones sometime this year. After about two hours , mine hurt like crazy.:(

I wouldn't be without mine. I have hunted without them, and it is a real pain trying to hear those faint signals. The ones that came with my machine are ok, but I want to upgrade to the Gray Ghost phones sometime this year. After about two hours , mine hurt like crazy.:(

What kind have you got?

How would a set of earplugs from an IPOD work, they seem to fit in the ear snug and they do shut out the surrounding sound, I just think it wouldn't look as funny with the big ear covering earphones. Also the IPOD in the ear earphones would also keep you from sweating as much on those hot days!!!

Those might work OK. But if they have a short cord, you could yank them out of your ears when you set your machine down to dig. And if there is no volume control on your machine, you'll be surprised how loud the sound gets when you hit a target.

I just thought using sound muffling , in the ear, earbud headset, you would be more prepared against the idiots that attacked Felix. They wouldn't attempt to sneak up on you if you have a little headset on, that they can't see. But if you have those ear covering sweat makers, they will think your a perfect target...Does anyone else have an opinion on this???

I think the sick degenerate losers that attacked Felix were just out for kicks...I know some of you might not like this...but those sick punks deserve to get what they did back and worse.... I do not think the headphones made the difference in as far as being attacked. They might have been on drugs, I doubt they noticed if he was wearing walkman type or large muff type of headphones. That post still bothers me...I really hope they get what is coming to them.......

I think the sick degenerate losers that attacked Felix were just out for kicks...I know some of you might not like this...but those sick punks deserve to get what they did back and worse.... I do not think the headphones made the difference in as far as being attacked. They might have been on drugs, I doubt they noticed if he was wearing walkman type or large muff type of headphones. That post still bothers me...I really hope they get what is coming to them.......

They sound like little brain-dead gang-bangers - the kind that rob little old ladies and brag about it. They where probably giving Felix their most evil look, but Felix went on about his business and seemed to ignore them. They took that as a sign of disrespect. The leader of this little gang couldn't let the other 2 think that was OK and do nothing - so he decided that they should attack Felix for being disrepectful. So they attacked him from behind and ran away. The fact that they did this in front of others (and probably within a block or two of their own homes) shows how stupid these people are. Probably 8th or 9th graders; probably can't read but know enough about the law to know that unless they killed him, they wouldn't even see the inside of a jail.

Eventually they will end-up in jail, but not for this crime. The odds are good that as they get older, they will be involved in gang warfare. The odds of at least one of them getting killed in the next few years is very high (these are extra stupid people who will seek respect from others in their gang by shooting people in other gangs.) They won't even think of getting a normal job until their parole officer tells them to show proof of employment or go back inside. Then they'll get a job in a nursing home for minimum wage and steal all they can and terrorize the poor old folks who live there. When they're not at work, they'll be back in the gang doing whatever they can to earn easy money. The day their parole ends, they'll leave that job and be gang-bang'n again full-time.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's how I see things. Don't see any way to change things either.

Back
Top Bottom