Trying to return a pow bracelet

Chipk

Elite Member
I am a member of a low vision support group and Tuesday I returned a ring to one of our totally blind members. It was my 23rd or 24th return. It was her grandfather’s ring that her father had worn. She is selling her father’s house so she can buy a condo. BIG fat gold honker too. Inscribed with their wedding date in 1912.

Anyway the group leader had brought me a POW bracelet she had found on the beach years ago. During the Vietnam War, bracelets were sold with the name of a POW (Prisoner Of War) or MIA (Missing In Action) soldier to serve as a remembrance. This one is for PFC Jeffrey j Young. We would like to send it to the soldier or his survivors if possible.

Does anybody know where I need to start?

Attachments

• A66F448F-FA53-454C-9814-DA886C37B4D4.jpg
    A66F448F-FA53-454C-9814-DA886C37B4D4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 252
The Sherlock Holmes who-dunnit-mysteries solved by md'rs are always great posts. Good luck !

I remember those. My wife and I both wore one for several years. When the prisoner was released we mailed ours to them. I believe we got ours in 1971 and they cost $1.

Guy... I thank you for your input... I grew up with my uncle over there, remember him wearing several POW bracelets of friends after he came home.
I hope this can find its way back to his family along with our thanks for his service.

He was inducted into the Army and lived in Indiana, so may have family still in that state. Very sad, so young. Hope the bracelet got back to his family.

Back
Top Bottom