Tool belt must have?

CarsonChris

Elite Member
What are your must have items on your tool belt?

Which digging tool, that fits on your belt, is the sturdiest for pulling a quick plug?

Which digging tool, that fits on your belt, is the sturdiest for pulling a quick plug?

wilcox 50s digger!..simple to carry very lightweight,and built to take a beating!
been around forever,and lifetime warranty.tough lil (s.o.b.)

I also like to carry a probe to check to see if I can pop a coin out of the dirt without cutting a plug.

image.jpeg

On my belt I have a holster called "Bomb Sheath #2 that accomodates my digger, pinpointer and Brass probe. Also on my belt is my finds pouch called "The Park Ranger", spritzer bottle in it's holster. Here's a link for my thread on my complete setup: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=266535

I hate carrying a bunch of stuff. I have a lesche digger on my belt and a pinpointer in my front pocket. That's it. I carry my detector in my right hand and my shovel in my left. I wear cargo pants with multiple pockets to put my finds in.

It's really interesting to read these threads. I carry way tooooo much with me. It's just part of my personality to prepare for every scenario. Extra pinpointer battery, band-aids, antiseptic wipes, an extra shoe string for some reason I can't think of, fire starter stick, a magnifying loupe, small spray bottle, small bottle of purell, and I couldn't imaging going without my cell phone.

I wish I could convince myself to carry less with me!

-Joe

This what I use, neat, simple, and clean. A whites digging tool, TRX pin pointer, small pruning saw for roots, ground cloth and finds bag of your choice.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 790
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 952
I have my pouch with a magnet my carrot and my digger.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Just can't bring myself to wear a tool belt, apron or fanny pack. I keep my carrot in my left pocket, my camera and an Altoids mint tin in my right pocket. I carry my Lesche digger in my right hand at all times. Trash and clad goes in my left front pocket and decent finds go in the mint box.

I carry a Backpack. I have all kinds of digging utensils in there but most of the time I just have my digger, pin pointer and metal detector out. I keep my pin pointer in my pocket and usually my digger in my hoodie pocket. Anything else I might need (Different utensils, sturdier shovels, rock picker, etc etc) I keep in my backpack.

I don't like a belt. I use a surplus Army shoulder bag with my pinpointer and White's hand digging tool attached.

I have sort of a "gym bag" type carry bag, probably carry more stuff than I might normally use but still nice to have on hand, besides some of the usual detecting stuff, I also have a survival knife and a large screwdriver.

My primary setup is similar to Pacer. From Amazon I assembled this:

Rothco Canvas Utility Pouch / Wallet - bigger and smaller pocket for coins/trash

Bucket Boss Utility Tool Pouch - for digger and pinpointer I use the hammer loop for gloves when not in use. I keep some card board in back pocket to keep serrations on digger from damaging back pocket from taking it in/out repeatedly.

Bucket Boss Poly Web Work Belt in Black - A thick belt is much more comfortable when carrying weight from it.

Roughly $30 and very functional setup. I often carry a shovel like a lesche t-handle in my left hand.

-D

Attachments

• MDBelt.jpg
    MDBelt.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 667
wilcox 50s digger!..simple to carry very lightweight,and built to take a beating!
been around forever,and lifetime warranty.tough lil (s.o.b.)

I agree. I used a 202 for a few years, then got a detecting shovel and went to the 50s digger. Wilcox makes great stuff and the company is run by a guy that loves the product and cares about quality.

https://wilcoxallpro.com/

--Matt

A military style web belt easily holds everything I need. The pouch is from Home Depot. I use the probe and screwdriver for shallow targets. Gloves are from the Dollar Store.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 590
I have same tool pouch as LOS3R on my left hip with a brush and small spritzer bottle . I also have a large surplus Mag Dump pouch on my right hip for junk. I carry a Raptor, Digmaster, plus Garrett AT pinpointer.

I don't carry tools in the tool belt. I have a finds pouch, but carry my pinpointer and lesche digger in the left hand, constantly.

Back
Top Bottom