Symbol on ring

persi

Elite Member
Anyone who can tell anything about this symbol, who was on the ring I found yesterday?:?::?:

Attachments

• PB160031.jpg
    PB160031.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 712
  • PB160032.jpg
    PB160032.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 646
...no help here. IS it GOLD? Regardless, a great looking ring and you can always make up your own version as to what it says. I read it as " If found, please return to Jan."

The Khanda.

Hi Persi, This is all about your very nice ring find! Lynn

The Khanda (khaṇḍā) is one of most important symbols of Sikhism alongside the Ik Onkar. It became known as the Sikh National anthem, "Deh Shiva Bar Mohe" as the emblem of the Khalsa. [1] It is an amalgam of three symbols,[2] represented by three different weapons. It is commonly found on the Nishan sahib or flag of the Sikhs, anywhere in a Gurudwara.

There are three different weapons used in a Khanda, which also have a symbolic meaning:[2]

A double-edged sword called a Khanda in the centre
A Chakkar which is a circular weapon
Two single-edged swords, or kirpans, are crossed at the bottom and sit on either side of the Khanda and Chakkar. They represent the dual nature/duties of the Gurus, Miri and Piri.
The Khanda represents knowledge of God, the Chakkar represents the eternal nature of God and oneness of humanity, the two swords represent Miri (political sovereignty) and Piri (spiritual sovereignty).[3]

Thanks

Thank you so much Lynn. Great information. Very useful. Find a lot when I google it. This forum and the people on it is just fantastic. Thank you again. Per

...no help here. IS it GOLD? Regardless, a great looking ring and you can always make up your own version as to what it says. I read it as " If found, please return to Jan."
Yes just get back fom the Jeweler shop. GOLD:yes::yes:

Why don't you just send it to me. I'll then wear it around and see if anybody recognizes it.:lol: WTG on the find! It's a nice ring. Steve

Back
Top Bottom