DetectorPo 12"

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Well looks like Gary Storm at DetectorPro will be introducing a new machine with a 12" coil in the Spring he says. Being tested now.... apparently someone here in Fl is a tester also. I found this video, that a friend sent me interesting when comparing a CZ and Xcal. Its possiblethose using any of the machines compared might get better results..... but how about that chain? Watching some of the hunting i noticed he adjusted his disc to 4.5 to hunt that location so i asked if he thought it would still have picked up that hollow 14K chain. He believed it would. That to me would be impressive. I was watching carefully when he was testing that chain just because rippled sand sometime contains a lot of black sand and can make a machine false. But the machine was clearly not falsing. How well it does adding salt water would be interesting. He doesnt have a price range on it yet.....but it might well be a machine capable to compete with the other two and worth taking a careful look at if you are considering adding another machine. I knew he was coming out with another machine, but had been told it was going to be more of a diving machine. But id call this a very good wading machine as well.

I know some will argue the testing..... but hey this is a 12" coil catching that chain so you are talking depth and sensitivity. You dont have a simple way to use AM like you do with the CZ or Xcal and adjustments is something you have to check before putting on the phones. He didnt test the machine against the CTX, i assume because of the price range, but with multi freq id be amazed if it did as good on that chain.

NOW if i could just find out whose testing it down here.....:lol:

Dew

I don't see anything amazing here... how many chains that are lost are going to be within a half inch of the coil?

Here in Fl, more than you think Craig during recent drop periods. They ball up and get in the very loose sand or in flat bottom areas. 1/2"..... id sure take it ANY improvement is a possible ticket. That 1/2" may turn into more on a larger one thats not hollow and deeper that the signal is lost of other machines. Also, its holding it own on gold rings.

Dew

Here in Fl, more than you think Craig during recent drop periods. They ball up and get in the very loose sand or in flat bottom areas. 1/2"..... id sure take it ANY improvement is a possible ticket. That 1/2" may turn into more on a larger one thats not hollow and deeper that the signal is lost of other machines. Also, its holding it own on gold rings.

Dew

Dew... the chain I found was not balled up it was stretched out... I found it because of the cross... stretch that baby out and see if it makes a peep...

I like Gary.. but up here those single frequency detectors chatter... I had the Diver and I couldn't take it... maybe down there it would run smoother...

Remember all these detectors can only see 1 link of a gold chain at a time... its irrelevant if its balled up... all its seeing is the clasp or as I stated 1 link.

I like Gary.. but up here those single frequency detectors chatter... I had the Diver and I couldn't take it... maybe down there it would run smoother...

Hmmm, I have a Wader and it runs pretty quietly here in California.

Are you sure thats a single freq? It would be worthless to dive with in salt water..... for some reason i was thinking it was a remake of one of the Fisher 2 freq machines.

Dont disagree at all about the machine seeing a link at a time... balled up or otherwise. Still.... the other two machine DIDNT respond to the same chain. How that might change in salt water.... i have no idea.

Dew

I'm wondering is it the Underwater model (with 10" coil) that just came out and now this will be an option having it with a 12" coil OR is it a totally new machine?

I'm so used to having buzzing bees in my head when detecting, I'm not sure I could get used to a silent hunter.... however, I'll probably give it a go.....only way you will know for sure if it will work or not..... I do need to move some machines first.

Edit: Title of the video "Detectorpro Underwater with a 12” DD Coil " says it all, it is the Underwater that is out now......being tested with a 12" coil.

Maybe so Cliff.... I guess I was lead to believe a new machine. Gary said no price yet, it was being tested due out in the spring.

Looks interesting, but the model on the website comes with an 8'. Would like to know how it works on heavely minerelized soil, like on Hawai'i though :)

Also would like to know what the amount of transmitted EMF is from the headphones compared with for example excal headphones ....

I don't see anything amazing here... how many chains that are lost are going to be within a half inch of the coil?

sorry but I have to agree with Dew on this,,,,,,clearly it picks the chain up,,,,,MOST chains roll to shore unless they are lost during calm water,,,,but most are lost due to waves,,,,,,they also usually don't get too deep down that fast cause of the shell near the wash line,,,,,I can only remember a couple chains I found out there a ways,,,,even the silver ones that all machines pick up,,,,

the interesting thing was the CZ could not pick up the white gold near like the excal, white gold is definitely harder to find,,,,,but learned something on that one

I did not like the fact that air was added to the testing,,,,but regardless, the detectorpro picked up the chain,,,,,interesting

It is single frequency here is part two of the video...

Its his current UW detector with a larger coil.

EMI is normally comes from the coil not the headphones. Maybe it is a new 12" coil..... once more maybe i misunderstood Gary and the guy who sent this to me. Yes, that looked like a real cold hunt Phil. Nice old coins there were pulling and pulling them out with iron..... impressive of the CTX.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom