Old Beach Hunter - Dig All Your Finds

atari1050

Hey Folks-
Since I don't live in FL anymore, I will share my most exciting hunting site.

At the beach, it pays to dig all of your finds.
Here is my Not-so-secret site: Gandy Beach. If anyone knows the area, then you should plan a hunt.
It's one of the most trashiest sites (because of all the beer drinking), but it paid off for me!
I was using my White's Spectrum in the Beach program, getting tons of pull tabs. But, that same signal (it was a VDI 46) produced a 14K gold toe ring! My first gold ring ever!

So folks, at the beach it pays to dig ALL your finds. And if you are ever in the St.Pete-Clearwater area, look for this well-known dog-friendly beach. It's the one the locals go to, NOT the tourists (LOL).

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
Mike

Congrads on your first gold ring!!

And I fully agree on dig it all, there are many surprises in the mix.

Congrats atari...way to persevere through all the junk and pull tabs.

Hard work always pays off.

Hey Folks-
Since I don't live in FL anymore, I will share my most exciting hunting site.

At the beach, it pays to dig all of your finds.
Here is my Not-so-secret site: Gandy Beach. If anyone knows the area, then you should plan a hunt.
It's one of the most trashiest sites (because of all the beer drinking), but it paid off for me!
I was using my White's Spectrum in the Beach program, getting tons of pull tabs. But, that same signal (it was a VDI 46) produced a 14K gold toe ring! My first gold ring ever!

So folks, at the beach it pays to dig ALL your finds. And if you are ever in the St.Pete-Clearwater area, look for this well-known dog-friendly beach. It's the one the locals go to, NOT the tourists (LOL).

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
Mike

I'm new to this so I need to ask, why not search the high tourist areas?

Grizz the high tourist areas get the most folks with detectors. The trashy areas are avoided by the folks who are not dedicated enough to dig all the trash in hopes of pulling gold out of the sand.

One beach I detect has a hotel right on the beach. It is not common at all to see a number of folks on the beach with a detector. In fact it is usually a place that has very few targets due to the number of folks detecting there. Every tourist that owns a detector brings them along when they come on vacation.

I have only found one gold ring and one platinum ring close to that hotel and they were in the salt water where the majority of detectors are useless.

Back
Top Bottom