2011 FMDF Diggin' It With Friends Treasure Hunt

Kansas Dave

Diggin' It With Friends
Forum Supporter
Our 3rd annual FMDF Diggin' It With Friends Treasure Hunt is being held at Huntress Park in Clay Center, Kansas. Saturday, April 09th. We are meeting in the park at 8:00 a.m. We'll start hunting when everyone is ready to get after it. rain or shine.
We will never charge an entry fee or sell tickets to raffle off any prizes and this will not be a seeded event. However we will be giving away a few prizes after the hunt and having a bbq/picnic. Bring your spouses, your children or your best hunting bud, everyone is welcome to attend our event! If you are interested in meeting and socializing and having a great time. Make your plans now to attend. It is going to be a diggin' good time and we're looking forward to seeing you there.

Bring along some of your favorite finds with you and do a little braggin'. It's always fun to see the variety of treasures being found.
This is a first for us, this year we are having a "flea market" setup during our lunch. I would like to encourage you to bring your detecting related items that you might be interested in selling. You never know - Right!

picture.php
Raid your piggy banks and your coin jars! Another first for us this year, we are going to do our best to help out forum member... Beefcake with his special mission "Clad for Kids". Read about Brians, mission Here. Brian raised over $1,500 for 2010. I believe that the K & M Discovery Team can help increase that number substantially for 2011, with your help.

About Huntress park.
Mr. and Mrs. Orville Huntress came to Clay County in 1861 and bought a farm on what is now called Huntress Creek. Since the Huntress home was on a road traveled by soldiers going from Fort Riley to Indian outposts such as Scandia and White Rock, these men often stopped at the Huntress well for water. The first post office in Clay County was in the Huntress Home. Early settlers from England began homesteading in Clay County in 1862 in the area now, Clay Center. Clay County was named for Henry Clay, the famous U.S. Statesman. In 1886 Mrs. Huntress sold the Huntress farm, but reserved eight acres which she gave to Clay Center for a park. A Chautauqua was held in the park in 1904 and has been the site for thousands of picnics and family reunions over the years.

picture.php

The original homestead of Orville Huntress is now a portion of the city of Clay Center and is built over, with the exception of eight acres, which was given to the city for park purposes and is named "Huntress Park." The old Huntress home, built in 1861, is located in this park and is preserved by the city in its original condition, as a monument of her first pioneer. It was not only the Huntress residence, but Clay Center's first post office and hotel. The widow of Orville Huntress, born in Canton Me., Aug. 21, 1821, married for her second husband, C. M. Anthony, a distinguished member of the Kansas bar and a resident of Clay Center. She passed away Dec. 6, 1894.

I hope at the least, this has given you an overview of Huntress.

Again, please, mark your calendars and schedule your time to join us. See you in April.

Cedar Court Motel Info - Pricing

Here is the scoop for the Cedar Court Motel in Clay Center:
I tried to get us discounted rooms and even though that didn't happen, I was promised that they would treat us really good! Be sure to mention to them, that you are there for the Diggin' It With Friends Treasure Hunt.

The number to call for reservations is 1-800-999-5774.

They have three blocks of rooms:

The economy: 1 queen bed 52.00 per night, 2 queen beds 57.00 per night.

The middle: 1 or 2 queen beds 62.00 per night

The new section: 1 king or 2 queen beds, recliner, whirlpool tub, 70.00 per night.

All of the rooms have a refrigerator, coffee pot, ironing board and iron.

Continental breakfast included.

There is a Mexican restaurant located next to the motel.

They were very friendly, and this motel has gotten very positive reviews on the internet.

I'm currently working on a surprise hunt in the area. I'll tell you all about it in Clay Center!

Please PM lightningjack or Kansas Dave if you have any questions or concerns.

The shirts are ready!

Get yours ordered today from floridabill. Just send him a PM and he will do the rest! $12.99 plus $3.00 shipping add $2.00 more for XXL and up. Bill can do them in ash however with the main transfer gray I am not sure how they will look. White always looks better but if someone wants ash Bill will try one and of course if it doesn't come out good you don't have to take it.

shirts004.jpg

shirts002.jpg

shirts003.jpg

Be sure to tell Bill, Thank you for all of his hard work on our event shirts!
Thanks Bill!

Thanks to Andrew of New England Detectors USA, I was able to set up a raffle that will allow someone to win a brand new in the box Minelab Explorer SE PRO a value of ($1300.00). To have a shot at winning this great detector you can purchase a minimum of one ticket at $5.00 to have one shot at winning this great giveaway prize or $20.00 for five tickets. There isn't any limit as to how many tickets an individual can purchase. The more tickets you purchase the better chance you have at winning. Tickets will only be sold throughout the morning of our hunt. The winning raffle ticket will be drawn during our lunch break, Everyone attending is eligible to purchase tickets and you must be present to win. The raffle will be in addition to the special prize give aways for the members, that qualify with their finds from the day of the hunt. All of the proceeds from the raffle will go to "Clad4Kids." Kansas Dave, K&M Discovery Team is just setting up this raffle. All of the funds will eventually be sent to Brian D, the Clad4Kids organizational founder. With the detecting season just starting up, this is a great opportunity to let your money help Clad4Kids and have a chance at winning a top notch Metal Detector.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Sound great Dave, we had such a good time last year I think we might just show up again ;)
Plus it still be winter here and we are already tired of cold and snow lol

Just a reminder

The hunt date is just around the corner and I hope to see a lot of Friendly faces in Clay Center! Make your reservations as soon as possible and join us for a day of socializing and treasure hunting. Let us know that your going to join us by rsvp ---> HERE

Bounds of Huntress Park

Trying to get a feeling for the size/bondries of Huntress Park. When viewing with maps.google.com (Huntress Park Clay Center, Kansas); I see the park smack in the middle of W Crawford St., A St., W Dexter St and C St. This seems small for 8 acres. Does the park reach beyond the boundries that I have stated here? Ok, so I did a little more checking and it appears that the answer is yes. Here is a link to a map of the park: http://www.recreationparks.net/KS/clay/huntress-park-clay-center

This is awesome Dave!! The link to Brian's "Clad for Kids" is a great addition this year!!:yes: If the wife and I weren't booked on a Sea of Cortez cruise for April 10th I'd see if i could talk her into a trip to Kansas! I know she has some cousins back there!:D

This is awesome Dave!! The link to Brian's "Clad for Kids" is a great addition this year!!:yes: If the wife and I weren't booked on a Sea of Cortez cruise for April 10th I'd see if i could talk her into a trip to Kansas! I know she has some cousins back there!:D

Thank you! There's always next years event and you and your wife are always welcome to join us. Don't ask, where. We haven't even begun to look that far ahead yet.

Brian is doing some great stuff for his community. It takes a stand up kind of person to recognize and develop a plan of action to help others and I commend him and anyone else that has done that type of service for their community. The K&M Discovery Team is committed to helping Brian with his special mission helping others. :yes:

With only a few weeks left until our hunt. I have a question, what hobby related items would you like to have a chance to win during our give away?

As if you need one more reason to come.

Thanks to Andrew of New England Detectors USA, I was able to set up a raffle that will allow someone to win a brand new in the box Minelab Explorer SE PRO a value of ($1300.00). To have a shot at winning this great detector you can purchase a minimum of one ticket at $5.00 to have one shot at winning this great giveaway prize or $20.00 for five tickets. There isn't any limit as to how many tickets an individual can purchase. The more tickets you purchase the better chance you have at winning. Tickets will only be sold throughout the morning of our hunt. The winning raffle ticket will be drawn during our lunch break, Everyone attending is eligible to purchase tickets and you must be present to win. The raffle will be in addition to the special prize give aways for the members, that qualify with their finds from the day of the hunt. All of the proceeds from the raffle will go to "Clad4Kids." Kansas Dave, K&M Discovery Team is just setting up this raffle. All of the funds will eventually be sent to Brian D, the Clad4Kids organizational founder. With the detecting season just starting up, this is a great opportunity to let your money help Clad4Kids and have a chance at winning a top notch Metal Detector.

clad-for-kids.jpg Andrewsgif.jpg

Super Great opportunity for Beefcakes organization & Big Huge Thank You to Andrew of New England Detectors for donating the Minelab Explorer SE PRO....:urock:

That's super cool thanks Andrew. I'm glad I don't have a boss I can have as many detectors as I can afford , problem is I am already at that limit but maybe I can win another one anyway . Good luck everyone and thanks again Andrew couldn't go for a better purpose .

Harold

Very cool, NED is top notch as it is anyway, the more exposure the better, and anything to help out C4K is a plus... now to just hope I win :yes:

You guys tell me, Am I allowed to buy tickets for this raffle too? :?:

Sounds like an incredible event. Very sad that I can't go :( it's a bit too far and money is too tight but it really sounds like a wonderful time and I hope I can fly over one year. Hope you all have a fantastic time!

I thought you had to be over 60 with thinning hair to be able to buy tickets for the raffle now the odds went down for me .:D

Harold

Wow! I just saw this! Thank you so much for the raffle proceeds!! That wasn't expected! I want to let you know how proud I am of you folks... It really means alot to me that you folks are taking part in the ownership and the viability of the program! Thank you all!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom