Found a first for me today at the lake.

Dan(NM)

Elite Member
Went back to the place I hunted yesterday and found a first for me. I thought it was a dog tag until I got it home and cleaned it up, my first crematory tag. I'll take it back tomorrow to the spot and deposit it where it'll never be retrieved.

I was able to pull out another silver ring, along with 2 junkers and a 1000 peso coin from Mexico. No gold today, but, I'll try again tomorrow.

The last pics are the finds from yesterday all cleaned up, the ring with the cross is a James Avery, second one this week.

Attachments

• crem tag.jpg
    crem tag.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 362
  • rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 334
  • rings clean.jpg
    rings clean.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 350
  • JA ring.jpg
    JA ring.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 354
Wow,, that is creepy. I dug part of a casket handle once,,, kinda gave me a weird feeling.

Congrats on the rings though!!

Nice job! Those cremation tags will be found. When you get it back try to get it as deep and far out as possible so you don't come by it again.

Nice finds other than the cremation tag. Never actually heard of one. I googled it up. I'm with you on the return.

Cheers,
Ken

Nice finds other than the cremation tag. Never actually heard of one. I googled it up. I'm with you on the return.

Cheers,
Ken

I've seen other hunters come across these at the beaches, never thought I'd find one at a lake.

I found my first one this month at a lake. I'm returning mine to the water also.

Attachments

• 20200824_164339_copy_600x813.jpg
    20200824_164339_copy_600x813.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 224
Back
Top Bottom