Needed rain...but Sally is a vengeful beyautch

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Only supposed to be the mid 70's today, we haven't seen those kind of daytime temps in many months.
Sally is rushing...running...actually just crawling up from the coast.
One of the worst kinds of storms not because of the intensity but the amount of water it can dump.
As it lingers the water just builds and they are not measuring its impact in inches but in feet.
Historic and catastrophic destruction is predicted.
About $2 billion estimated damage just here in Alabama after it passes through our state, other states down here are being smacked hard as we speak, it gonna be an expensive mess before it's all over.
I am on the fringe here in Birmingham, we aren't going to get the worst of it but there will be rain and flooding because they are expecting close to an inch here starting later today through tomorrow morning.
Other areas south of me are going to have some major problems.
We need the rain, been so hot, dry and so hard to dig I haven't really been out too much in many weeks so this should soften thing up.
I am getting a new detector tomorrow, I should receive it and have it assembled and get it out for the first time just as the rain is ending so great timing for me but I wish it didn't happen this way.
Not so selfish that I feel the need to enjoy myself at the expense of so many others.

Be careful out there fellow southerners, most people die in hurricanes not because of the wind but from storm surges, rushing water and flooding.
This is no joke, don't travel if you don't have to, get out if you need to, hunker down and stay safe.
We will get through this.

Last edited:
Load up on what you may need for a few weeks, flooding is a pita to deal with. We had storm here this year that dropped almost 4 feet of water, some areas didn't drain for over a month afterwards!

water destroys everything! terrible destructiveness.
drowns ya like a rat,and is so merciless.wrecks everything!
stay safe!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

My Brother lives in Phenix City. Storm is supposed to come thru his area and then head for the coast of SC. Had about 4 inches here today and the storm is not supposed to get here until some time tomorrow.

No detecting here for at least a couple days, but I definitely can't complain, just thankful our immediate area is not flood prone.

Weather forecast and pics from today looking out front and out back.
20200916_forecast.jpg
20200917_rain_front.jpg20200917_rain_back.jpg

Back
Top Bottom