* 18ct Medallion *

meggie

Elite Member
Couple of hours this afternoon.,a few coins & sinkers,then decided to head back to my car.
Swinging along a shelly part of the beach, sweet sound ... bingo, 18ct medallion ,stamped 1 AR 750, 2.6 grams. Lucky me!
Just Googled the 1 AR stamp .. it's made by Italian Company called UnoAErre.
Any idea who is on the medallion .. Eros perhaps?

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 613
:dingding: Nice find! I do not think its Eros/Cupid as the figure seems to be a grown person. I think its an angel, possibly Gabriel as I see he is trampling an individual (possibly Satan?) and holding a chain.

:dingding: Nice find! I do not think its Eros/Cupid as the figure seems to be a grown person. I think its an angel, possibly Gabriel as I see he is trampling an individual (possibly Satan?) and holding a chain.

wow, I can make out a flying ostrich stepping on a frog

Most likely Saint Michael. Not a chain, but rather the scales of justice. Google images show that as his most common pose...

Attachments

• St.-Michael-the-Archangel2.jpg
    St.-Michael-the-Archangel2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 516
Sweet medallion man, I wish they were all gold and not thin gold over lead!

I haven't heard of gold over lead medallions....how can you tell that's what this is? Thanks!

Alot of the religious medallions i find are a thin gold sheet over a lead center. Usually along the edge you can see where the two thin gold sheets come together.

Alot of the religious medallions i find are a thin gold sheet over a lead center. Usually along the edge you can see where the two thin gold sheets come together.

Good to know! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom