X-Pointer First day out with it WOW!!!

lbzking

So.... I just got my new Xpointer the other day and took it out to and old park for 2 hours and killed it! Wow! this thing is KILLER! for $90 all I have to say is I don't know what Minelab,White's and Garrett are going to do cuz they will never sell another pin-pointer if they continue to sell there pointers at $110 $149 and $169:shock: :laughing:
Anyway I strongly recommend this pin-pointer! Amazing! :D

Attachments

• 20150228_115525.jpg
    20150228_115525.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 487
Good to hear. I've been looking at pinpointers and can't figure out what's what. Does yours turn on and is ready to go or do you have to wait for it to come up? I've read that some you must wait for 3 beeps and it shouldn't be turned on in the hole that you've dug. Maybe they're all the same?

Good to hear. I've been looking at pinpointers and can't figure out what's what. Does yours turn on and is ready to go or do you have to wait for it to come up? I've read that some you must wait for 3 beeps and it shouldn't be turned on in the hole that you've dug. Maybe they're all the same?

You have to wait until you get three beeps but it's like it takes a long time for that to happen. It's a very quick process and the X-Pointer makes target recovery much faster.

Had to send my x pointer down the road. It stunk on small gold. Also interferes with some detectors as is the case with who I sold mine to. See if you can run it across a micro gold chain. Most are looking for high conductors. I'm not. The TRX beat them all. Already tried the pistol probe, pro find, propointer, x pointer. What you are using it for doesn't matter though. Fixing to buy me a second TRX and work on the gold chains in the dry sand. Only thing the TRX needs is a waterproof certified case. Main problem the x pointer had was the first ones fell apart before the first battery change. Not many post updates so no idea on their longevity.

X-Pointers rock - at the price point it sells for nothing else compares -

I have been using one for almost six months without any issues whatsoever -

Just remember the much more expensive TRX does not have 360 degree detection, so that to some hunters maybe a issue -

Another fantastic option is the Makro Pointer as its fully waterproof, much cheaper than the TRX and tough

See for yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrXlkQiDbYM

I would love to see a comparative drop test done with the TRX

Glad you are enjoying the X-Pointer;)

Just remember the much more expensive TRX does not have 360 degree detection, so that to some hunters maybe a issue -

Another fantastic option is the Makro Pointer as its fully waterproof, much cheaper than the TRX and tough

See for yourself

TRX doesn't need 360 degree. If it did it would pick up someones teeth fillings its so powerful. Don't knock something you've never tried. Already did drop tests. Also had the very first TRx released sitting in my sealed up hot car 24 -7- 365. Heat hasn't even damaged its power.

I am a big fan of the X-Pointer also. I have accidentally dropped mine directly onto cement more than once. It fell directly onto the butt end HARD and still took the hit. The X-pointer gets about half an inch more depth than my old Garretts, but the Garretts are 4 years old. I still like the tonal quality better in the ProPointers though.

All in all, for $90 with a 2 year warranty, the X-pointer is a winner. If it does indeed miss small gold rope chains or raw gold flakes, I'd never know it since I generally hunt for higher conductors, coins mostly. I do know that it misses seeing my teeth fillings, whereas the Garretts and TRX does see it.

My point is that IMSHO, the X-pointer finds 99.9% of what I look for each hunt, and I've yet to see it fail on the array of small gold items I've collected over time. You must remember one thing though. I carry the TRX in tandem with the X-Pointer. That might be my crutch against losing a small, low conductor signal.

Yea, the X-pointer is great for the price and abilities. martin

See for yourself

The lack of side detection is my main complaint, besides the lower audio report while wearing headphones.

The TRX is nice, don't get me wrong. For my preferences, the side detection feature would make is danged near perfect since the TRX has the ratcheting down feature. Imagine...if you could have equal side detection equal to the tip detection, all managable overall, 360 degrees, during the ratchet process.

I live for finding a handheld pointer that gives 3 inches on all sides, but if I could get able to ratchet-down in a linear 360 degree world...I'd quit looking. Wish the TRX had come with side AND adjustability.

TRX doesn't need 360 degree. If it did it would pick up someones teeth fillings its so powerful. Don't knock something you've never tried. Already did drop tests. Also had the very first TRx released sitting in my sealed up hot car 24 -7- 365. Heat hasn't even damaged its power.

Just to clear up the misinformation -

I have not knocked the TRX as you have said - I simply stated that it didn't have 360 degree detection which some hunters including myself prefer -

Finally please don't assume I am attacking a product when I simply state that it does NOT have a feature that some hunters want - We are simply comparing PP's -

Which includes - value for money - build quality and functions - Just because the TRX lacks one does not mean people instantly dislike it, as I have NOT stated that - YOU stated that misinformation -

I look forward to seeing the drop test - Cheers

Just to clear up the misinformation -

I have not knocked the TRX as you have said - I simply stated that it didn't have 360 degree detection which some hunters including myself prefer -

Finally please don't assume I am attacking a product when I simply state that it does NOT have a feature that some hunters want - We are simply comparing PP's -

Which includes - value for money - build quality and functions - Just because the TRX lacks one does not mean people instantly dislike it, as I have NOT stated that - YOU stated that misinformation -

I look forward to seeing the drop test - Cheers

TRX can go 6" deep. Add side detection and you'd be pinpointing a foot of soil to the side. 6" each way. I'm sure they figured out early in the design process a 360 field was a no go. Pistol probe is bad enough. Own one of those too;)

TRX can go 6" deep. Add side detection and you'd be pinpointing a foot of soil to the side. 6" each way. I'm sure they figured out early in the design process a 360 field was a no go. Pistol probe is bad enough. Own one of those too;)

well that's great to know & thank you -

I would nothing more than to try the TRX but I don't think I could justify having 4 pin pointers at this stage -

My TRX ain't never hit a quarter beyond 4-4.5 inches in air, and then the TRX was seriously on the edge of instability. Mine would need to be detecting a larger-than-coin target to hit 6 inches.

Back to the side detection argumenent...so if the TRX could easily hit six inches, 360 degrees, wouldn't any pinpointer which has the ratchet-down feature be "king" for that feature, with all of that low to midrange 360 ability?

Maybe Whites thought it best to save the design cost in making side detection included. I can't think of any other reason not to give side detection.

My TRX ain't never hit a quarter beyond 4-4.5 inches in air, and then the TRX was seriously on the edge of instability. Mine would need to be detecting a larger-than-coin target to hit 6 inches.

Back to the side detection argumenent...so if the TRX could easily hit six inches, 360 degrees, wouldn't any pinpointer which has the ratchet-down feature be "king" for that feature, with all of that low to midrange 360 ability?

Maybe Whites thought it best to save the design cost in making side detection included. I can't think of any other reason not to give side detection.

Hard to ratchet in at 360 degrees. Go through the pistol probe threads and read why most hated the pistol probe. Your TRX may not go 6"? My first series does. Fixing to buy a second new TRX and compare notes. My first one if you hold it out and away from you and the ground and tap the ratchet button it will hit deep on 3 sens. Never tried the upgraded TRX. Mine is the original one that takes a couple seconds to be ready to pinpoint. I'm not sending it in because the new ones may not be as hot as the one I am using now. I'll know when the second one arrives. Which by the way you can sell and transfer the warranty on. My x pointer I sold to a friend so if he has issues he can send it back to me and i'll send it in for warranty and pay for the shipping. Hard to resell an x pointer for much since if a used one breaks you throw it in the trash.

Hard to ratchet in at 360 degrees. Go through the pistol probe threads and read why most hated the pistol probe. Your TRX may not go 6"? My first series does. Fixing to buy a second new TRX and compare notes. My first one if you hold it out and away from you and the ground and tap the ratchet button it will hit deep on 3 sens. Never tried the upgraded TRX. Mine is the original one that takes a couple seconds to be ready to pinpoint. I'm not sending it in because the new ones may not be as hot as the one I am using now. I'll know when the second one arrives. Which by the way you can sell and transfer the warranty on. My x pointer I sold to a friend so if he has issues he can send it back to me and i'll send it in for warranty and pay for the shipping. Hard to resell an x pointer for much since if a used one breaks you throw it in the trash.

Hard to ratchet in at 360 degrees.

My old Garretts ProPointers ratchets down own with power down-and-off while near the target. That pointer is 360 degrees. What makes Whites TRX harder to do the same relative thing?

Just to add. I'd likely quit buying PPRs after getting the Pistol IF, did I say IF...it could be heard in audio. It whispers and gets washed out by even wind noise. Other than that, the Pistol Probe found the best deeper silvers that I've ever found. Two Barbers, a Buff all in one hunt after I forgot my other pointers.

I just can' the HPs on. Otherwise I gotta say, the Pistol Probe wasn't an issue for 360 side detection.

Hard to ratchet in at 360 degrees.

My old Garretts ProPointers ratchets down own with power down-and-off while near the target. That pointer is 360 degrees. What makes Whites TRX harder to do the same relative thing?

A propointer isn't a TRX. You see anybody posting their propointer picks up their detector, belt buckle, etc. Its also why the new Propointer uses some of TRX's features now:lol:

A propointer isn't a TRX. You see anybody posting their propointer picks up their detector, belt buckle, etc. Its also why the new Propointer uses some of TRX's features now:lol:

So you are disputing that the old Propointer ratchets with side detection?

We seem to be chasing our tails somewhat here. If the TRX can get that kinda range just off of the tip alone, and I don't argue that it can, without side detection, then why didn't Whites allow the user to ratchet down at 3-2-1 inches, WITH side?

It's proven technology that ratcheting down works with lesser pointers, even though it's crude by PWR off and PWR on near targets.

I hate side detection ... it goes off and you don't know if it's N-E-S-W or straight down, I just wish the sound and vibration were stronger on the TRX

Back
Top Bottom