X-Pointer First day out with it WOW!!!

Can someone ask Whites to do a similar test to Arena detectors drop test? -

After all its not just depth that makes a good PP, as we have found with the GPP, durability is just as important -

So at the price-point the TRX sells for surely it can emulate a similar drop test to the Makro Pointer -

Cheers and Tanks

A propointer isn't a TRX. You see anybody posting their propointer picks up their detector, belt buckle, etc. Its also why the new Propointer uses some of TRX's features now:lol:

I turn mine on and off so i never get the interference from it being on.

I turn mine on and off so i never get the interference from it being on.

Pain to keep turning your metal detector off and on. I'm talking about when you sit your detector down with your headphones on and your pinpointer starts talking to your detector.

Finding targets at six inches is why I have a metal detector. Pin pointers at that depth kinda defeat the purpose.

Finding targets at six inches is why I have a metal detector. Pin pointers at that depth kinda defeat the purpose.

Agreed. I like the limited depth of detection with my Propointer. Why? Because if I am getting a target that reads like a coin indicating 2 inches with the detector and my PP doesn't see it from the surface, I know I'm getting punked by a larger than coin item sitting deeper in the ground. It acts as a sanity check. For me anyways.

But back on track. The X Pointer is no doubt a good deal for the money. But as I found out on a hunt with Martin, when he turned his X Pointer on near my AT Pro, I got a lot of chatter in my headphones. So I already know they don't get along with each other.

Papa

But back on track. The X Pointer is no doubt a good deal for the money. But as I found out on a hunt with Martin, when he turned his X Pointer on near my AT Pro, I got a lot of chatter in my headphones. So I already know they don't get along with each other.

Papa

Exactly. It's also how you get people hunting too close to you at the beach off of you. Go back to the car and break out the PI detector.

Good night! You can't have a thread with someone and others happy about a product without a "crusader" of another unit, chiming in again, again, and again. Let it go and move on.

The bulk of us know the Deteknix is great for the price. There are much more expensive units out there and SHOULD be better, in their own way. Justifying your own choice is best served in your own thread.

Good night! You can't have a thread with someone and others happy about a product without a "crusader" of another unit, chiming in again, again, and again. Let it go and move on.

The bulk of us know the Deteknix is great for the price. There are much more expensive units out there and SHOULD be better, in their own way. Justifying your own choice is best served in your own thread.

Uh? He had an opinion too! LMAO!
"Minelab,White's and Garrett are going to do cuz they will never sell another pin-pointer if they continue to sell there pointers at $110 $149 and $169"

I've been using the the X-pointer and have had no issues with interference both with my old 1976 Whites 5D or a Minelab X-terra 705. So far the X-pointer has done well by me. The fact that it uses pulse induction allows for use in high mineralized soil and salt water. No falsing when poking around in the hole and about 2 inches depth are the features that appeal to me. Now if you need to read your belt buckle through a wall then the TRX is the way to go. But it aint my thing.

Even when i noise cancelled it was still interfering a little and the channel it was setting on wasnt giving me the best performance. I am having similar problems with my Deus with the garrett propointer so i traded it for a Makro Pointer to see if it is any better.

Disappointed

Purchased an X-Pointer to have as a backup to my Pro Pointer. Received it today and was very disappointed. Cheaply constructed of thin plastic and had a crack at the battery end. Considering they sell for only about $20 less than a Pro Pointer I expected better. Sending it back tomorrow for a refund.

Back
Top Bottom