Boy Scout knife

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Went camping this weekend. Metal detected around our campsite and a few vacant sites around us. Found more clad than I did at the lake beach!

The prize find was this Boy Scout knife. From what I can tell it’s a Imperial knife made from 1946-1988. Can’t obviously open it to see any stamps that could date it better.

This find made my day, later at the lake beach I found a silver ring but no gold!

Attachments

• E964752E-B9A5-4C8B-AFD1-D19024354B92.jpg
    E964752E-B9A5-4C8B-AFD1-D19024354B92.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 51C39F1A-3803-405F-924A-A231D52F8BDA.jpg
    51C39F1A-3803-405F-924A-A231D52F8BDA.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 433
Cool find! I have one just like that that my dad gave me as a Christmas gift way back when.

Very nice! You might try soaking it overnight in PB Blaster and get the blades open. Tap on them every once in a while it soaks.

Penny

Cool find with that knife. I wonder if that boy scout logo is silver.

Thanks Jam!

Thats a great find representing a pocket item that about every Boy carried back in the day...

True Mud. My first knife was a Cub Scout one very similar.

Thats awesome and in good shape considering. Reminds me of my first pocket knife.

Same, thanks!

Cool find! I have one just like that that my dad gave me as a Christmas gift way back when.

That’s awesome. Thanks Toad.

Very nice! You might try soaking it overnight in PB Blaster and get the blades open. Tap on them every once in a while it soaks.

Penny

I thought about trying some electolosis, but changed my mind and am going to leave it as is. A lot of times I’ll try and clean something up and it ends up worse off :lol:

Another fine hunt! Congrats, GS!

Thanks man!

That's a cool find GS, I love finding pocket knives, but haven't found one as complete as that one, Congrats!
Nice little clad haul too!

Thanks Ron. This is the first knife I’ve found that has some potential age to it, and I think it’s pretty cool being Boy Scouts :)

Thinking back....The first time I ever cut myself with a knife, was with one just like that...a BS knife of my Dads exactly like that one you found...He was at work, so I took it out of his sock drawer when I was about 4 or 5...

I was trying to make a bow and arrow, for to kill some rabbits, and I sliced my left hand thumb while working on the arrow nock...I'll never forget it...I can see the day clearly in my mind! It wasnt that painful, on account of the shock I guess, I dont remember at all any kind of pain...just a WTH? kind of deal...and then a fear of being discovered...

It was the first time I ever saw my own blood..I never let my Parents know about it, and I learned a lesson about knives on account of it......Thanks for the Memories!..

This is why a guy with kids should keep dangerous items out of reach and locked up tight...Kids!...lotsa trouble and dangerous to themselves and others!

Thinking back....The first time I ever cut myself with a knife, was with one just like that...a BS knife of my Dads exactly like that one you found...He was at work, so I took it out of his sock drawer when I was about 4 or 5...

I was trying to make a bow and arrow, for to kill some rabbits, and I sliced my left hand thumb while working on the arrow nock...I'll never forget it...I can see the day clearly in my mind! It wasnt that painful, on account of the shock I guess, I dont remember at all any kind of pain...just a WTH? kind of deal...and then a fear of being discovered...

It was the first time I ever saw my own blood..I never let my Parents know about it, and I learned a lesson about knives on account of it......Thanks for the Memories!..

This is why a guy with kids should keep dangerous items out of reach and locked up tight...Kids!...lotsa trouble and dangerous to themselves and others!

I was seriously going to say that above, when I first got my Cub Scout knife, the first thing I did was snap it closed on my finger slicing it.... wishing I had gone ahead and put that in there, least you were whittling and not purely a fool like me :lol:

I still have the deluxe model with the fork and spoon.

I remember those... sweet :)

Thats awsome, you made me remember mine and dig it out of storage.

That’s way cool, wish I still had my Cub Scout knife, no idea at all what happened to it sadly.

Back
Top Bottom