• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Torn about what to do with Lucite encased US silver coins.

I'm thinking he has a vintage one worth some $.Not one of the knock offs. Most don't have all silver coins if you look on fleabay. What you think?

KT thinks it would be a good fit for His Majesty's own Royal Backside! :laughing::laughing:

And me thinketh you are correct, they look like quality coins and an early unused artifact!

KT thinks it would be a good fit for His Majesty's own Royal Backside! :laughing::laughing:

And me thinketh you are correct, they look like quality coins and an early unused artifact!

Toilet paper roll of dollar bills would go nicely with it as a royal office:laughing:

Really don't think these are mass produced. Maybe the see through concept, but not the silver coins. Most were probably produced on demand, some that were good sellers, maybe made in small quantities. Really wouldn't be difficult or expensive to make your own mold, and produce these in your garage. I've made a few molds for pewter/lead, for under $2.00, and very little experience. Toilet seat would be the simplest, open, single-sided mold. Master is readily available, cheap.

Doubt there is any artistic or historical value. The coins seem common enough, not to fetch much beyond melt value. It's not a very common item, right buyer will pay much more than melt, just might be troublesome to find the market...

If you do decide to extract them, which I don't recommend, the best way would be with an organic solvent, such as acetone or MEK (as others have mentioned). That gives you the best chances of removing them without damaging them.

Heat, physical removal, or acids would all render them worthless beyond melt value. If you only want melt value, I would just re-sell it for the melt value. I'm sure some collector would pay that, and you wouldn't waste time/energy/money on the project.

+1 for KT's backside , think it would be the best end to your OP. I just wish some of our present day politicians could be immortalized , looking up at Kt before the Royal Flush . All Hail the King !!
HH

3 pages and nobody is concerned if that thing has been used? Just picture coin collector dude, and a "stag party" ( that's what they called them in the days when this would have been made) drinking Schlitz pounders along with 7 and 7 all night. He gets up in the morning, has a half dozen fried eggs, and a side of fried spam, then proceeds into the "reading room" where he sits on that disc of pressure relief and blows some of the nastiest smelling mud out of his backside...... Coins or no coins, I can't say as I'd be down with playing with a toilet seat. Have fun:laughing:

3 pages and nobody is concerned if that thing has been used? Just picture coin collector dude, and a "stag party" ( that's what they called them in the days when this would have been made) drinking Schlitz pounders along with 7 and 7 all night. He gets up in the morning, has a half dozen fried eggs, and a side of fried spam, then proceeds into the "reading room" where he sits on that disc of pressure relief and blows some of the nastiest smelling mud out of his backside...... Coins or no coins, I can't say as I'd be down with playing with a toilet seat. Have fun:laughing:

Lol! I worked in sewage treatment plants before becoming a Plumber and messing with toilet seats all day. You could eat a sandwich off that seat. And yes I have had helpers eat lunch without washing their hands:laughing:

Lol! I worked in sewage treatment plants before becoming a Plumber and messing with toilet seats all day. You could eat a sandwich off that seat. And yes I have had helpers eat lunch without washing their hands:laughing:

I'm a builder. I've seen many turd herders eating a sandwich while pumping out the blue lagoons. Makes me throw up in my mouth a little. :laughing:

Gilly, I picked one up few months ago at my bank. Bank had a gold and silver appraiser offering free appraisals (and top prices paid!!). one of the tellers brought one in and guy offered $50. she declined. I offered spot. $18/oz at the time. $16.80 face. all 1963 and 1964 silver. 11 ounces silver.

If you can get them out undamaged you'll do well. I've only broken out about a third of the coins. damaged half of those. those would still be junk silver so I don't feel I've lost too much. otherwise they are all extra fine or almost uncirculated. much better margin selling AU's.

I haven't tried the solvents yet but I will. I hated mucking up a near perfect silver coin using hammer and chisel.

last comment- did I pay "too" much? I'm sure I could have gotten it for less but by promising the teller spot pricing that she wont get anywhere else in town, I now have a bank teller actively looking for silver to sell to me!

I'm a builder. I've seen many turd herders eating a sandwich while pumping out the blue lagoons. Makes me throw up in my mouth a little. :laughing:

I suppose it would be the same as eating a sandwich while watching an autopsy.

I think the urinals are beautiful Itsharing...thank you for sharing. I also think the toilet seat is awesome!! I would hang any of them in my front room.

Back
Top Bottom