Second XP Deus w/HF coil

ynnek4

Hi,

I have been using my Deus a lot as of late (and really, realy enjoying it) but was looking into potentially buying another with the HF round coil. I am currently using my Deus with the 11" inch coil. I am mainly after coins but don't mind the occasional relic or too. :D

Would this be something doable or maybe a bit redundant? Also, overall, is there anything to be gained using the HF coil for coin-shooting? I am in the midst of looking for reviews right now on how it does for coins but I also figured I would ask here in the meantime. I was also thinking it would be nice to have the extra HF Deus "grab 'n' go" ready.

Thanks in advance.

I love the Deus but I would compliment it by purchasing the 9”HF Coil or the awesome HF Elliptical, for your current Deus and use the rest of your investment to change it up a bit and add the Minelab Equinox.
They really go together very well even if they had to go to court to settle their differences!:laughing:

Xp Deus HF round

Just recently got a 4.0 version with the HF round coil, been reading up, you want the round coil not the other unless you are a gold hunter, people say they are seeing advantages over the black 9LF, and 11, with the HF round coil, i have a Equinox 800 and a CTX3030 , i traded a Nice CTX3030 for the Deus ws5 , HF, and MI6 pointer , hope i like it, i do like that the batteries are changeable in the shaft, and you don't have to send in the coil for battery replacement , Deus needs to make all there coils this way , anyway good luck with your decision , Earl

You are at the crossroads I was at. I was considering the 9" HF round like you...I pulled the trigger on the Equinox. So far glad I did.

I love the Deus but I would compliment it by purchasing the 9”HF Coil or the awesome HF Elliptical, for your current Deus and use the rest of your investment to change it up a bit and add the Minelab Equinox.
They really go together very well even if they had to go to court to settle their differences!:laughing:

Thanks for your reply.

I actually have a Nox 800 but I have been using the a Deus quite a bit as of late. It doesn’t hurt when you start pulling 19th century IHP’s out of the ground with it. :p The Nox unfortunately sits in the closet.

At this point, I feel very comfortable with the Deus and almost feel like I have it pretty dialed in.

Just recently got a 4.0 version with the HF round coil, been reading up, you want the round coil not the other unless you are a gold hunter, people say they are seeing advantages over the black 9LF, and 11, with the HF round coil, i have a Equinox 800 and a CTX3030 , i traded a Nice CTX3030 for the Deus ws5 , HF, and MI6 pointer , hope i like it, i do like that the batteries are changeable in the shaft, and you don't have to send in the coil for battery replacement , Deus needs to make all there coils this way , anyway good luck with your decision , Earl

I recently sold my last CTX as well. It served me well and is a great detector. I always comment to my wife that the Deus may not be THE best detector out there but it sure is the neatest and most fun to use. I am really looking forward to trying out the HF coil!

You are at the crossroads I was at. I was considering the 9" HF round like you...I pulled the trigger on the Equinox. So far glad I did.

The Nox is indeed a great detector and the hype is real. I have found some nice stuff with it. I just think me and the Deus have clicked. It seems to have become an extension of my right arm.:laughing: What made you ultimately go with the Nox?

Yes

Looks like a fun machine, had 2 CTX3030s , so a even trade got me something else, have the Nox 800 it's a nice machine also, but not as good as the 3030 on ID, anyway locked , and loaded here, sorry i can't give you a report on the HF coil yet Just received it Thursday , Earl

Thanks for your reply.

I actually have a Nox 800 but I have been using the a Deus quite a bit as of late. It doesn’t hurt when you start pulling 19th century IHP’s out of the ground with it. :p The Nox unfortunately sits in the closet.

At this point, I feel very comfortable with the Deus and almost feel like I have it pretty dialed in.

I would love to love the Deus, but I do love the Nox. The Nox is incredibly simple to learn and use (IMHO) while the Deus is just a bugger to master. It's like you have to hold your mouth a certain way, dip your left shoulder down and then do the moonwalk sideways to get the most out of it. I have both, acquired the Deus a few weeks before the Nox. I know if I took a month or so to sit down with the book and videos I could become competent with the Deus, but I don't have all that much time to detect and given the choice between a great machine I already know how to use vs. a great machine I'll take a long time to learn, I'm going to grab the Nox and get out in the field and go find stuff!

I just got my 9" round HF coil. Running it in 28khz and it is testing pretty close (depth-wise) to my 11" lf coil. Very happy so far. Actually found an old gold onyx brooch on it's maiden voyage. I would highly recommend it.

I just got my 9" round HF coil. Running it in 28khz and it is testing pretty close (depth-wise) to my 11" lf coil. Very happy so far. Actually found an old gold onyx brooch on it's maiden voyage. I would highly recommend it.

Best of luck with the new HF Coil!

Best of luck with the new HF Coil!

Thanks!

I was actually playing around with it in my backyard last night and pulled a clad quarter from about 10" down. I was very impressed. No vdi numbers but a 100% repeatable signal I would dig all day long.

My backyard has been beat to death with a CTX 17" and a Nox 800.:?: Really impressed with this thing.

Really no need for the HF coil if you have a Nox imo. The nox hits hard on low conducters but the Deus runs smoother in the iron

Back
Top Bottom