• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Random Beeping Freak Out

wafflesngravy

So I bought a cheaper device, linked below and tested it out for the first time last night. It worked like a champ! The only issue is some times it would randomly just start beeeping like crazy when it wasnt near metal. In a pocket, in the ground, etc. If we started using it to find something it would start beeping normally again only when it found metal. Or we would turn it off and back on.

Is it defective? Normal? We tried 2 batteries and had the same experience.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074GP3QBD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You get what you pay for! It could be a loose connection on the battery but if that is not it, I'd send it back.

Cliff

If all else fails, make sure you're using a new alkaline battery.
I put cat litter "crystals" into battery compartment (not your cat) after connecting battery to absorb any moisture.
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Its a cheap Chinese knock off of a American made and designed product.

Yep. I fell for one. Good for about 1". I also grab it if I drop a screw or other needed object in grass. Fortunately, many hard to locate small items aren't deep.

So I bought a cheaper device, linked below and tested it out for the first time last night. It worked like a champ! The only issue is some times it would randomly just start beeeping like crazy when it wasnt near metal. In a pocket, in the ground, etc. If we started using it to find something it would start beeping normally again only when it found metal. Or we would turn it off and back on.

Is it defective? Normal? We tried 2 batteries and had the same experience.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074GP3QBD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works like a champ? What are you comparing it to?

Back
Top Bottom