Need Advice On Replacement Earpads.

ToddB64

Elite Member
Hi :tiphat:

I need a pair of replacement earpads for the black RatPhones Max Headphones purchased 11 years ago from Rick Viola, DETECT USA.

Apparently Rick is no longer in the headphones & accessories business, as I haven't been able to contact him.

So I'm looking for someone who also has the black RatPhones Max headphones made by DETECT USA and had to replace the earpads, that could kindly tell me (a) where they bought the replacement pads, (b) the brand and (c) how they went about removing and replacing the old pads on this particular model of headphones.

A Big thanks in advance if you can help me !

ToddB64

Last edited:
Can you post some pictures of what they look like?
Thanks

Hi Jeff :tiphat:

Yes ! I took Photos today with a Tablet camera and used my Computer Paint and Photos apps to size, enhance and then save to my computer Pictures folder.

I'll take measurements and add these figures to the photos using the Paint app text tool. After that, I should be able to get the photos posted and you can look for them in this thread by late afternoon tomorrow, assuming all goes well.

Thanks for your interest !

ToddB64

Can you post some pictures of what they look like?
Thanks

Jeff,

Attached are the pictures requested.

As you can see from the example, the earpads are in bad need of replacement after 10 + years.

If you need any more information, let me know.

Thanks !

ToddB64

Attachments

• RatPhones Max Headphones, Front View Pad no. 1, 20190424_214204[1669].jpg
    RatPhones Max Headphones, Front View Pad no. 1, 20190424_214204[1669].jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 210
  • RatPhones Max Headphones, Logo On Cup, no. 2, Word Pad Document, 20190424_213923[1672].jpg
    RatPhones Max Headphones, Logo On Cup, no. 2, Word Pad Document, 20190424_213923[1672].jpg
    37 KB · Views: 177
  • RatPhones Max Headphones, Side View no.1,  20190424_214310[1664].jpg
    RatPhones Max Headphones, Side View no.1, 20190424_214310[1664].jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
There's a company called Oregon Aero that sells aftermarket ear pads for aviation headsets. Lightspeed aviation headsets used to use an off the shelf hearing protector for their QFr series headsets, and that looks like what these headphones are made from as well.

Give Oregon Aero a call and they can probably help you find some stick on ear pads to replace your worn ones. They are a little expensive, but they are good for fourteen hours a day of constant wear, so they are worth it.

You can also find replacement ear seals at most pilot shops online. There are a few memory foam ear pads that are stick on that would probably work.

Back when I was younger and couldn't afford the expensive ones, I bought a twenty dollar pair and was really happy with them. Back then, even $20 was a vast sum for a young pilot!

There's a company called Oregon Aero that sells aftermarket ear pads for aviation headsets. Lightspeed aviation headsets used to use an off the shelf hearing protector for their QFr series headsets, and that looks like what these headphones are made from as well.

Give Oregon Aero a call and they can probably help you find some stick on ear pads to replace your worn ones. They are a little expensive, but they are good for fourteen hours a day of constant wear, so they are worth it.

You can also find replacement ear seals at most pilot shops online. There are a few memory foam ear pads that are stick on that would probably work.

Back when I was younger and couldn't afford the expensive ones, I bought a twenty dollar pair and was really happy with them. Back then, even $20 was a vast sum for a young pilot!

rogueaviation,

Thanks for the information !

ToddB64

Back
Top Bottom