Back to the Trifecta, Found a Merc and Had another Trifecta of Sorts

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Hit the exact same area where I had found my dime trifecta, came away with a Nickel trifecta of sorts. Found a 1938D Buffalo Nickel, 1944D War Nickel, and of course 2 normal clad nickels...does that count for a Nickel Trifecta? Of Sorts:D

Also found another 1918D Mercury Dime and broke my earlier record of wheats on a single hunt with 15! Wheatie dates were: 1918S, 1918, 1927S, 1930S, 1938S, 1939S, 1941S, 1942, 1943, 3 x 1944S, 1945S, 1946S, and a 1957D!

First time I have ever dug more Wheaties than memorials!!

Attachments

• 1_15 Merc Buff and War Nickels.jpg
    1_15 Merc Buff and War Nickels.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 207
Another very fine outing Paul. Congrats on the new record with the Wheat's, the beautiful Merc, the War Nickle, the Buffalo and all the rest. Your back on a Silver streak. Trapper

Great finds! I love the looks of that merc - it's beautiful! :woot:

Mercs are one favorite coin designs. Not bad for a 100 year old lady.

Another very fine outing Paul. Congrats on the new record with the Wheat's, the beautiful Merc, the War Nickle, the Buffalo and all the rest. Your back on a Silver streak. Trapper

Thank you Trapper!

Awesome job! You're well on your way to hit 100 silver coins this year! :waytogo:

Thanks Kevin, you are next!

Awesome!! Congrats on another fantastic dig!!

TY

You found 2 Jeffersons, I think they need to be of 3 different kinds. So no trifecta. Anyway congrats on the cool finds. :cool:

Yea I know, I was trying to churn the karma:lol:

Great hunt...sounds like you're onto a good spot!

I think so...research, research

Congrats on the silver and a great return trip. Did I read that right a 43 wheat ? That would be awesome. HH Mark

Yea, I didn't even think about that Mark. I guess I have to pull the penny out of a bag FULL of them and take a closer look at it.

Absolutely, that trifecta counts. Different compositions!

Great finds.. Amazing finds, in fact. Well done!

A modern Jeff nickle is still 25% nickle and 75% copper same as always (except War years). So a new nickle is NOT Clad.

A buff, War (Cu/Au) and Ni/Cu Jeff counts as a trifecta for me.
Two different designs and a design of two compositions.

Way to keep pulling those oldies and congrats on the finds.

Thank you Jam!

A modern Jeff nickle is still 25% nickle and 75% copper same as always (except War years). So a new nickle is NOT Clad.

A buff, War (Cu/Au) and Ni/Cu Jeff counts as a trifecta for me.
Two different designs and a design of two compositions.

Appreciate the clarification!

Back
Top Bottom