Waders with steel shank **

There was a recent thread on waders here. I use a 100 dollar pair from Dicks, nothing special since they wear out too quickly and leak. Ive had them for a few years and despite proper care they have been patched too many times. Im close to getting a drysuit...that will be my next purchase soon.

There was a recent thread on waders here. I use a 100 dollar pair from Dicks, nothing special since they wear out too quickly and leak. Ive had them for a few years and despite proper care they have been patched too many times. Im close to getting a drysuit...that will be my next purchase soon.

Thank you but do yours have a steel shank? Is it affecting your hunting?

i use waders with steel shank when running my TDI pro with no problems you will be fine if your worried that steel shank will affect detector:D

The Nox doesnt have nearly the coil HALO some machines do.... like the FBS or Sov do..... i also suspect its SS so even less of a conductor.

FYI. All Cabela's boots and waders, now have lifetime warranty.....:yes:

Not anymore.. they ended that in 2015 now you get 90 days... their waders are over priced and no better than other brands... they all will leak sooner or later.. my best brand that lasted the longest was Simms I got 10 years out of them.

Hunting these big stretches of West Mi sand, not getting a peep for a few miles of trudging along in my ProLine waders.....What I do is, I like to put a rosie or merc dime into my left foot wader boot, At least I get to hear my 'boot signal' occasionally..just so I know I should be out hunting clad in a totter or something else....steel shank Prolines are just awful!...but whats a guy gonna do? :laughing:..

I wish I could wear my dry suit... too tight.. If I can keep losing weight I may be able too..

My Nox 800 picks up the steel shank in my waders but only when I put the coil in from of my foot before I scoop up the target. other times I don't have a problem.

FYI. All Cabela's boots and waders, now have lifetime warranty.....:yes:

I scored a nice pair on clearance from Cabelas a couple of weeks ago. Much better quality than the crappy Prolines from Dicks'.

Wasn't aware of that warranty.

I wish I could wear my dry suit... too tight.. If I can keep losing weight I may be able too..

Start exercising now buddy. :D Im so done with waders...I hope to have a dry suit in the next month or so but it will be an XL just to be safe even though I would probably fit in a large.

Start exercising now buddy. :D Im so done with waders...I hope to have a dry suit in the next month or so but it will be an XL just to be safe even though I would probably fit in a large.
Thanks.. I've already lost 28 lbs since Nov. with mostly diet as I am limited on a lot of exercising due to my pain and neck and arms. I do use a stationary bike on good days

I've saved one pair of my old neoprene waders for re-purposing. I recently made an arm cuff pad for my equinox 800. My next project.. slip on knee pads?

Not anymore.. they ended that in 2015 now you get 90 days... their waders are over priced and no better than other brands... they all will leak sooner or later.. my best brand that lasted the longest was Simms I got 10 years out of them.

Well that stinks that they've changed their policy. That's the only reason I bought my neoprene's there........:mad:

Back
Top Bottom