Yes, it's getting to be "that time of the year"

I think what I'm most thankful for this Christmas is that my Christmas giving list consists of 4 or 5 names. And I can give a couple of those restaurant gift cards because they are downsizing and don't want more clutter.

-- Tom

I think what I'm most thankful for this Christmas is that my Christmas giving list consists of 4 or 5 names. And I can give a couple of those restaurant gift cards because they are downsizing and don't want more clutter.

-- Tom

We can appreciate about keeping the clutter down :lol: I've been the one that had to overcome allowing clutter :lol:

My wife and I agreed a few years ago to simply allow each other $100 each from the household budget to get what we wanted for Christmas when we wanted to get it. It was a good idea since over time I had gotten her pretty much every gizmo and gadget she could use, she is not into jewelry and prefers to buy her own clothes, so this way we don't have to worry about getting some gadget that may or may not get used much and we are glad because we can get exactly what we really want. I'm thankful as my wife has been easy to please as far as not making a big deal out of stuff like that.

Gas prices

Where the heck is gas $1.79 a gallon!!! My whole adult life I’ve never paid less then $1.89 a gallon in Cali. Cali is the problem obviously. Going east the price drops the closer you get to Texas and the South.
You must be young I remember getting it for around 35 cents a gallon back when I was in college . I thought it was outrageous when it got up to a dollar a gallon. :laughing:

Christmas gifts

We can appreciate about keeping the clutter down :lol: I've been the one that had to overcome allowing clutter :lol:

My wife and I agreed a few years ago to simply allow each other $100 each from the household budget to get what we wanted for Christmas when we wanted to get it. It was a good idea since over time I had gotten her pretty much every gizmo and gadget she could use, she is not into jewelry and prefers to buy her own clothes, so this way we don't have to worry about getting some gadget that may or may not get used much and we are glad because we can get exactly what we really want. I'm thankful as my wife has been easy to please as far as not making a big deal out of stuff like that.

That is a lot more practical than getting the wife some thing that they will just return to get some thing they want anyway. Saves a lot of time and effort as well.

Where the heck is gas $1.79 a gallon!!! My whole adult life I’ve never paid less then $1.89 a gallon in Cali. Cali is the problem obviously. Going east the price drops the closer you get to Texas and the South.

From buying coffee..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20181228_183641.jpg
    IMG_20181228_183641.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 55

From buying coffee..

<°)))>{

Funny you should mention about gas prices, I just tried a fuel rewards program for Shell that gives you a minimum of 5 cents a gallon off and I got 25 cents a gallon off the first time I used it !

https://www.fuelrewards.com/fuelrewards/welcome.html?RefId=1492c0fd76c64ab78097fb060ca46323

(seems to be available nationwide at participating Shell stations)

I was recently thinking about all this, likely because of the "holiday spirit" and how theft rates increase :lol:....

Stores claim theft is passed on to the consumer. Sooo...what do they do? In order to cut their costs with these self-serv lanes, which doesn't get you a discount, so cost factors only work in one direction, actually make stealing easier, increasing loss, thus increasing consumer costs.

Doesn't quite seem right, does it?

You're not only doing more (for the same cost), you're paying extra to do it because of increased theft rates.

I was recently thinking about all this, likely because of the "holiday spirit" and how theft rates increase :lol:....

Stores claim theft is passed on to the consumer. Sooo...what do they do? In order to cut their costs with these self-serv lanes, which doesn't get you a discount, so cost factors only work in one direction, actually make stealing easier, increasing loss, thus increasing consumer costs.

Doesn't quite seem right, does it?

You're not only doing more (for the same cost), you're paying extra to do it because of increased theft rates.

So you are basically saying we the general public are effectively subsidizing the thieves getting their unauthorized "freebies" ? :shock: :lol:
shopping-smiley-emoticon.gif t57144.gif

Back
Top Bottom