How old are you and when did you first get into metal detecting?

I'm 43. Wife got me a tracker lV about 5 years ago for Christmas. I've had several detectors and been piddlin with it ever since.

I'm 74 , Yep OLD GEEZER !! I just started MDing last year in late August. I'm hoping my hips hold up for a few more years because I love this hobby. I even gave up golf, way more fun detecting. HH and Good luck to all.
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

50 for me and started in 2010. I joke it was the beginning of my mid life crisis. Unfortunately working more hours now than ever, with an up tick in travel. Hopefully this will lend itself to slowing down earlier thereby giving me more swinging time!

I’m 61 and started metal detecting around about 1968 when I got a Radio Shack metal detector kit for Christmas. Put it together and off I went all through high school. Along about college life took over, but I had a friend that was a big history buff that kinda kept my hand in it. In 2008 I bought an Ace 250 intending to dive back into it. Unfortunately I injured my knees about that time and haven’t been able to do much in the way of digging. About 2014 I found you guys and it’s been a way to keep in touch with the history and hopefully help folks out on occasion.

Old goat

75 here - detecting about 33 years now. I still love it & go out once a week or so. Go catfishing also once a week. Been retired 23 years now, love it. Still using my faithful Fisher detector 25 years now. I'm 7 solid gold finds away from 400. Gotta love it.

Steve in so la

Back
Top Bottom