• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Few Targets…But the Right Ones!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Let’s start be saying that between my gold “GRILLZ” hunt last Wednesday and today, I had a horrible hunt on Friday on South Beach of .70¢. There was a serious lack of targets that day. I had even spoken to another local pirate out there and he said the same thing. Well, last night I saw that surf conditions were going to be good today so I went back to work the same area that I unsuccessfully hunted on Friday. I was out in the water at 8am and low tide was around 10:30am. Since targets were few, I hunted basically in “all metal” the entire hunt without bothering to switch over to “discriminate”. At some point at the end of my 1st hour hunting, there was a nice small area that a few targets came up near shore. I wish I could tell you I got a sweet mid-tone, but since I was in all metal, I didn’t. However, when I bring the scoop up and looked in the bucket there was no doubt :dingding:. I then shoot across offshore to the nearby sandbar and my next target 10 minutes later was the silver serpent! :thumbsup: (It had no broken clasp and seemed to have just come off somebody’s head). I was beginning to wonder if the conditions had changed but the rest the hunt continued just like Friday’s – few targets, either junk or good. I saw one other pirate working the water and 3 other guys with Equinoxes working the wet sand looking like they were learning their machines. (None of them had water proof headphones). I cut my hunt short at 4 hours as I had run out of water in my 2L Camel-back and I didn’t feel the need for another hour. :D

Attachments

• 7-6-18.jpg
    7-6-18.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 7-8-18 Ships.jpg
    7-8-18 Ships.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 7-8-18.jpg
    7-8-18.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 289
  • 7-8-18 Ring & Chain.jpg
    7-8-18 Ring & Chain.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 280
  • 7-8-18 fits.jpg
    7-8-18 fits.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 7-8-18 Foreign (1).jpg
    7-8-18 Foreign (1).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 7-8-18 Foreign (2).jpg
    7-8-18 Foreign (2).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 256
Felix, I HATE seeing Italy on ANY finds lately. I would get a hard drive magnet and hold the chain on one end and put the magnet close to the other end and see if it moves. Most every .925 I have found that say Italy have been fake.

Nice gold. Congrats on a great hunt

Last edited:
Felix, I HATE seeing Italy on ANY finds lately. I would get a hard drive magnet and hold the chain on one end and put the magnet close to the other end and see if it moves. Most every .925 I have found that say Italy have been fake.

Nice gold. Congrats on a great hunt
Did that already and it passed! Yeah, I've found one of those before so I'm wary of it.

Ohhh! Heavy silver Figaro chain and a decent weight gold ring! Great write up about how some days go blank, but a guy keeps at it none the less...I was thinking about that this am...beach/water hunting is not for the easily discouraged...success is a grinders game...

Back
Top Bottom