anyone fortworth tx

I live in Bedford. Be warned, I have no idea what to do. I just got my 1rst MD today.

Welcome davideo! Like I said above I'm from around Dallas but will be sort of moving back and forth between Texas and Alaska.

What detector did you purchase?

To start out with I'd go to local tot-lots to practice because the ground in Texas is so hard right now even though we just had all that rain.

Good luck and HH!

I got a Garrett Treasure Ace 100 on Ebay. It was new/old stock from a guy selling the remaining inventory of his late grandpa's business. I thought I got a good deal,$85 with shipping. I tried it out yesterday in my backyard & found some old lag bolts from when I moved my fence,so I know it works.
My family has @ 150 acres in Alabama thats been in the family well over a 100 years. There's some old road beds & home sites on & around the property. That's why I got it.

I use to play in a band back in the early 70's when I was in HS & we played every other Friday night in Denton at a skating rink called Spinning Wheels. I also use to frequent the Office Club up the in the late 70's.:cool:
Cheers,
davideo

hay

i have been dectecting for a few years around here tuc universty , down town and other places. find mostly coins rings watches belt buckels and other things i have a son i drag along sometimes he does not much care to go so any time you go let me know that would be cool.

I'm currently 3000 miles away from Texas on the Alaska highway. I'm moving to Alaska but still have a home in Texas so will be in both states. It may be a few months before I come back. When I do I'll send you a PM before I go detecting or we could exchange E-mail addresses which would probably be easier.

Just wondering, how often do you find older coins and have you found any coins from the 1800s? I have to go to downtown Dallas or other older areas to find older coins.

ha havent found anything older than 1945 .lucky to find a wheaty still i havent realy tryed old places much. the ones i have seemed to have been picked clean allready but i keep a look out for some new digs to check.

is see you use garetts. i have bounty hunters only because you can pick one up most anywhere. i just got one of there probes it helps a little ,only reads about one inch down. my better dector has started to go on the blink only had it a year. how do garretts hold up.

I've had my GTAx 550 for over 9 years and I haven't had any problems with it. I just recently got my GTI 2500 and love it. My friend has a Bounty Hunter and I wasn't very impressed with it because it seemed to have very poor depth. Garrett has great customer service and I'd definitely recommend them.

There's a dealer in North Richland Hills where I got both detectors. I think it's called American Detector Distributors.

What Bounty Hunter do you have?

Don't mean to butt in...but address for American Detector Dist. is:
7816 College Circle
NRH
1-800-933-2897

I got my GTI1500 there. Very helpful young man waited on me.
I would go back. Come to think of it, I did. Also got a Vibra-probe from them.

Al

i have a quick silver and a pioneer202 the pioneer has been given me poblems i may check out the garretts thanks for the infor.

Don, tell me you have found some really great stuff with your Bounty Hunters. I need some encouragement for mine. While reading all these posts about the Ace 250, I wish I had gotten one of those.

wow nice finds he really cleaned up. hay paul i would like to have the 1350 bounty hunters like any dector once you get to used to how it picks up things you can tell what you have before you even dig most of the time. what do you all use to dig with i take a small pick and a good shovel the ground is kind of hard where i have been.

I use a small mason's trowell. It's got a good point for digging hard ground. Many people on here like the Ames tool from Lowes or a Lesche (sp?) digger. Some just use a screwdriver, but I haven't figured that one out yet. Its either some special skill or they just don't have hard ground, I think. (I'm still waiting for someone to post a video of that.)

Back
Top Bottom