Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 02-15-2021, 05:17 PM

Default Show Your Homemade Diggers

I have been using this for a few years now, and it has held up well. At the time, I had picked up a hand full of very large screwdrivers for a buck at a yard sale, along with an old spade with a broken fiberglass handle for another 2 dollars. I used some card stock to get a blade shape that I thought would work well, and transferred the shape to the old spade. After some angle grinder work and welding, this is the result. There was enough material in the spade to produce three blades, so I welded up three of these. That way I would have a spare or two when one broke. The original plan was just something to get by with until I could get a “good” digging tool. Well, I am still using the original, and have grown to like it a lot. Three diggers for three bucks.

What homemade diggers do you use?

Now if I can just find a dutch oven full of gold coins!

Old 02-15-2021, 11:05 PM
Elite Member

This was made by a friend and given to me.
Name:  Digger Sheath 1.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  100.7 KB