smile for the day

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
This photo was taken a few years back and never fails to bring a smile to my face. Navy Davy and I were detecting "Flying Bra Island.' We code named this place so as the entry shack was draped in bras....very large size if I recall properly.
A man was walking his dog who was off leash. I asked the owner the animals name and he said "Lucy." I called the name and over she came for some attention; in the form of a few pats. She left. Shortly there after I bent down to dig a target that I retrieved, took my glove off to give it a slight cleaning. I was so smitten with this piece of silver that I did not notice that Lucy had taken my glove. When I noticed her running around with it I called her. Quicker then a flash of lightening she came to me releasing my glove after the mandatory pat on the back. Females! Always wanting attention.
Not only had she taken my glove but my heart as well!

Attachments

• lu2.jpg
    lu2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 318
A few years back I was detecting at my cousin's farm. I had a pair of leather gloves in my pouch. His dog came over to see me and I gave him a few pats on the head and went back to work. A few minutes later I saw the dog rolling around the grass, surrounded by pieces of one of my gloves. He sure did have a good time.

I love dogs but some of them do not love me. Had one dog jump out of the back of a pickup onto a loading dock to bite me. I got too close to a neighbors fence and dog came over the fence to bite me.

So i am a bit paranoid when i am detecting and a dog comes running towards me. I have no idea what may be its intentions. While the owner stands there and screams He doesn't bite. And that usually happens on a beach where all dogs are required to be on leash.

Here's our pack of Pooches , all rescues .They bring us lot's of joy ! :yes:
Yup , you guessed it we're filling up the feed bowls . :chef2:

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 252
We adopted our dog from an SPCA years ago and she is a beloved member of our family, when I first saw her shelter pic on the SPCA web site I told my wife we have to get her !

Here is that pic
Xena 8 weeks old.jpg

While detecting at a local park I saw a park worker with a pit bull by his side. As I continued to dig my find I felt something nudge me. I turned to stare into the eyes of the pit bull. I guess it was just a stray and not belonging to the worker after all. It wan't bad, just curious. He followed me around as I detected, not getting in the way. It didn't look like he had anything to eat recently so I gave him a sandwich that I had in my car. I hated to have to leave him but I am not allowed pets in my apartment complex. I had the same problem with a stray cat once before.

We adopted our dog from an SPCA years ago and she is a beloved member of our family, when I first saw her shelter pic on the SPCA web site I told my wife we have to get her !

Here is that pic
View attachment 479099

What a sweetie ! :yes:

While detecting at a local park I saw a park worker with a pit bull by his side. As I continued to dig my find I felt something nudge me. I turned to stare into the eyes of the pit bull. I guess it was just a stray and not belonging to the worker after all. It wan't bad, just curious. He followed me around as I detected, not getting in the way. It didn't look like he had anything to eat recently so I gave him a sandwich that I had in my car. I hated to have to leave him but I am not allowed pets in my apartment complex. I had the same problem with a stray cat once before.

Dogs know good folks when they see them . Nice of you to buy him lunch . Hopefully he found his way into a good home. :cool: :waytogo:

Helper Puppies

BJ our little Cav was "helping" me today by standing on Grinder Rock and "supervising.
Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• Bailey Jean on Grinder Rock.jpg
    Bailey Jean on Grinder Rock.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 138
Back
Top Bottom