He kinda of made me mad.

jruckman38

Elite Member
Called the local coin and hobby shop to see what a good asking price would be on my coins he was like why you want to sell them. I was like cause I wanted to. He said I had bad attitude about wanting to sale them. I was like what I just asked you one question how do you get I got a bad attitude. Lol. Then he ask why I didn’t sale them 3 years ago when silver was 45 dollars in oz I told him I didn’t have them then. Then he asked how I came about them never asked how many I had or what I had. I told him I found them metal detecting he said cool story and hung up on me. Lol what in a hole.

He wanted to know if you were hard up for money. That's why he asked you why you wanted to sell them. Sounds like a scumball coin dealer to me hoping to rip you off in your time of need.

He wanted to know if you were hard up for money. That's why he asked you why you wanted to sell them. Sounds like a scumball coin dealer to me hoping to rip you off in your time of need.

Yeah right I just wanted some extra vacation money that all.

At least it was over the phone. You got off easy. I posted somewhere here where I was trapped inside a guys store. After I went off on him , he wouldn't buzz me out through the security gate. Only after he gave me his piece of mind...

At least it was over the phone. You got off easy. I posted somewhere here where I was trapped inside a guys store. After I went off on him , he wouldn't buzz me out through the security gate. Only after he gave me his piece of mind

I'd tell the guy "I start breaking things in 10 seconds if you don't buzz me out of here!" No way would I put up with that nonsense. That guy needs some professional help and could be a danger to his customers.

FBT: "I'd tell the guy "I start breaking things in 10 seconds if you don't buzz me out of here!""

No doubt you would. The testosterone is running hot and heavy.

My guess is like FreeBirdTim said, he wanted to see if you were desperate enough for money to let him steal them, ah, er, that is, buy them, from you at a low, low price. Second idea is that he probably gets calls from crooks who steal collections from houses, and are looking for someone to buy their hot merchandise--he may have thought that they were hot, and that is why he said good story and hung up. No dealer wants to get caught buying stolen merchandise.

Oh, and by the way, regarding KOB's predicament, if I recall correctly, detaining someone is a crime, a form of kidnapping, and can be big trouble.

Under federal and state law, kidnapping is commonly defined as the taking of a person from one place to another against their will, or the confinement of a person to a controlled space. Some kidnapping laws require that the taking or confinement be for an unlawful purpose, such as extortion or the facilitation of another crime. Additionally, a parent without legal custody rights may be charged with kidnapping for taking their own child in certain circumstances.
https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/kidnapping.html

Oh, and by the way, regarding KOB's predicament, if I recall correctly, detaining someone is a crime, a form of kidnapping, and can be big trouble

You are 100% correct. KOB would have been within his rights to start breaking up the place to get out of there.

Chillforlife, your jerk schtick is getting tiresome. Too bad the mods don't have the courage to ban you for making this friendly forum so unfriendly. Get that chip off of your shoulder.

Keep in mind guys , I went off on him 1st. Really laying into him. That was only because I was blatantly insulted by his rip off offer. He wanted to "steal" my gold from me and I was pissed by his demeanor and attitude. My guess was he did this all the time. But it was probably 2 minutes of him berating me as I was pulling on that damn security gate. I just wanted out of there. I was a bit younger then and won't be doing that again where you have to be buzzed in and out. Definitely not a way to conduct business...

Chillforlife, your jerk schtick is getting tiresome. Too bad the mods don't have the courage to ban you for making this friendly forum so unfriendly. Get that chip off of your shoulder.

Oh my, do you have one ounce of introspection?

Oh my, do you have one ounce of introspection?

Instead of commenting on the OP's thread, you decided it was another chance to harass me. You're coming across as a jerk, period. These forums are meant to be fun. Not for someone like you who likes to stir the pot because you disagree with my point of view. Again, it's too bad the mods put up with your baloney.

Back to the OP;
Where was I at, 3 years ago :?:
:gettinmoney: silver at $ 45 / oz ?
What street corner, or planet is that coin shop on :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom