BLM land to county open space

rouseyfire

Still awaiting my metal detector (Whites mxt 300 due tuesday) so I started doing some research on the web for areas to use the detector and came across an article from Boulder County Colorado Parks and Open Space web site dated September 24, 2009. It states that the BLM is in the process of transferring all its Boulder County land holdings to Boulder County for open space purposes!

The land is around the mining town of Ward and is prime pospecting area. I also believe that Boulder County prohibts all uses of metal detectors in the county except on federal lands---seems like I saw this posted somewhere but still trying to make sure.

If this is the case then a lot of land will be removed for use by those wishing to use a metal detector.

I'm new to this forum but is this normal?!

It is normal for Boulder. I would be very careful about getting permission wherever you go around there. Remember national forest land is generally OK prospecting.

You might check with Bill at Golden Detectors, he's generally up on local developments.

Still awaiting my metal detector (Whites mxt 300 due tuesday) so I started doing some research on the web for areas to use the detector and came across an article from Boulder County Colorado Parks and Open Space web site dated September 24, 2009. It states that the BLM is in the process of transferring all its Boulder County land holdings to Boulder County for open space purposes!

The land is around the mining town of Ward and is prime pospecting area. I also believe that Boulder County prohibts all uses of metal detectors in the county except on federal lands---seems like I saw this posted somewhere but still trying to make sure.

If this is the case then a lot of land will be removed for use by those wishing to use a metal detector.

I'm new to this forum but is this normal?!

I'm having the same problem. I'm prospecting an area around Boulder Creek, but I'm unsure if I can use a metal detector there. I have contacted various agencies, but I can't seem to get a straight answer.

Back
Top Bottom