Creepy dig!

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Dug this in the wet sand this morning. Whatever it is it has several arms and appears to be standing on some heads. Sat it on the trashcan lid outside for now since its dark now:lol:

Attachments

• SAM_3946.jpg
    SAM_3946.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 395
  • SAM_3947.jpg
    SAM_3947.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 398
We must be important to have found gods Larry.

Mine was in 60 foot of water and from the Santeria religion.

Earlier in the year we found a split coconut with some beans and some kind of red looking oil inside that had a big signal under it. I checked carefully with the CTX display each coin after we spread them out and they were all zinc pennies. May be why Felix finds so many zincs his way?:lol: We left them all there:wow:

It is SHIVA, one of the most important gods in the Hinduism
Good one! I knew it was Hinduism but didn't know god(dess).

Does it look like it could've been a bell? Maybe for meditation or something. I would love to find something cool like that.

Well, just by looking at the link, this Shiva, must be the god of gender neutrality?

Just a guess or maybe even a question.

Does it look like it could've been a bell? Maybe for meditation or something. I would love to find something cool like that.

The bottom is oval and appears to have just been used as a base. It is hollow though. Very first thought when dug was is it used to snuff a candle?

That looks old , any guess on the age ?

Be hard to guess. Even though I dug this by a wheat cent, Hurricane Matthew leveled all the dunes. Copper/brass in salt beach dunes can also get green build up. And if it was in the surf and rolled around it can knock some green off. I can tell it wasn't a fresh loss though.

better picture, she(via) is looking for her lost icon...
I'd be careful if you are going near the water any time soon...

Attachments

• sheJPG.jpg
    sheJPG.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 288
That looks like a solid $50 to me! I bet you could get $50 for it all day long! I wouldnt even clean it anymore..that patina and sand encrustation is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom